Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨

"M-May I talk to you, please?"

"...Better make it quick..."

~~~

Since Hitoshi had gotten released from the hospital on a Friday, they had the weekend to rest and relax. On Saturday, the Shinsou family wanted time together, so Aizawa took that as a point to schedule Izuku for a therapy session with Hound Dog. Izuku hadn't really put up a fight, since he knew it was coming, and he knew he couldn't deal with his problems on his own, the evidence on his wrists.

In the afternoon, Aizawa, Yamada, and Izuku were in the car, driving to UA for the session.

They were listening to "Electric Love" since Yamada is a huge sap and loves his family, and the song was about love and how electrifying it is. He and Izuku were screeching the lyrics while Aizawa sat in the passenger seat and contemplated whether to open the door and jump out or to endure this torture.

"Hizashi, if you don't stop screeching, I will make you sleep on the couch for the rest of the week," Aizawa said, glaring at his husband, unconsciously activating his quirk.

Hizashi, not wanting to fall asleep on the cold and couch, closed his mouth and pouted. Not even Izuku's giggles could have erased the pout from his face.

"Dad, you know that you wouldn't last a night without Papa's cuddles," Izuku giggled.

Aizawa just huffed and uttered a "shut it, brat," but Izuku knew it was playful, as he saw how his lips tugged into a small smile before he hid it in his capture weapon.

"We're here!" Yamada yelled out, startling Izuku from his daydreaming. After parking the car, the family of three got out and made their way inside the building.

After a five minute walk, they made it to Hound Dog's office. Right outside the door, Izuku's nervousness made itself known.

"Zuzu?" Yamada asked.

"Y-yeah?" Izuku stuttered. His parents knew that something was wrong when they heard him stutter since his stutter usually disappeared around the pair.

"What's wrong green bean?" Aizawa asked, placing his hand in his broccoli-like hair.

"I-I'm just...nervous, I guess. I'm not used to talking about all my problems with someone..." Izuku admitted, his hand unconsciously moving to rub his old scars.

Aizawa, seeing what he was doing, took his hand in his own and squeezed it.

"It'll be ok. He won't make you talk about anything you don't want to," Yamada said, rubbing his son's back.

Izuku, taking a big breath in, said, "Ok. Ok, I'm ready," before opening the door.

He looked at his dads one last time, before closing the door lightly behind him into the unknown.

~~~

"Hello, Izuku. It's a pleasure to meet you," Hound Dog said. Though his appearance was tough, Izuku can easily sense his kind and caring personality.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Izuku replied, playing with a fidget cube he found lying on the table.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Hound Dog asked, clicking his pen and putting it on the clipboard he's holding.

"Ok."

"Would you like to tell me anything, like some experiences that have bothered you, or problems you may have, or would you like for me to ask you questions and you answer them?" Hound Dog asked.

"U-Um...Can you ask the questions, please?" Izuku asked, a bit surprised at the question.

"Very well. To start off, what would you say was the first bad experience you've had?"