Chapter 24: The calm and the storm

"Kota, close your eyes,"

"You don't want him to see me kill you?"

~~~

The next morning, Izuku was awoken by pots and pans banging together, courtesy of a pink sweat-pantsed Aizawa. Stifling a laugh into the croak of Hitoshi's neck, Izuku managed to pull himself up with a large yawn.

"Mmm morning sunshine," Hitoshi grumbled, deep voice horse with sleep, causing a shiver to crawl down Izuku's spine.

"Morny baby," Izuku whispered, setting a small little kiss onto Hitoshi's chapped lips, "ugh, morning breath," he muttered, causing the sleepy boy to chuckle.

"Alright love birds, hurry up and get dressed," Sero said to the two, pulling them out of their little scene. Grumbling about being interrupted, he ignored Iida's yelling about PDA and went to get dressed.

They all ate breakfast silently, Izuku taking the time to look around the room before he spotted Shoto and Rin talking quietly amongst themselves.

Their pinkies joined together between them.

Izuku smiled to himself for a second, before turning to Hitoshi and kissing him on the cheek, ignoring the choking sound that came from the boy.

He just giggled and ate silently.

After the meal, they herded the classes away from each other. Aizawa took 1A to a clearing, standing in front of all the tired teens.

"Bakugou," Aizawa called on a surprised Shioka, "come up here and throw this ball, like what you did at the beginning of the year."

Izuku and Hitoshi looked at each other in confusion while everyone else looked either excited or still exhausted.

Shioka walked up to the man, before taking the ball into her hands and facing the other way. Pulling her arm back, she threw the ball before setting off an explosion right before it left her hand. She yelled "DIE FUCKER!" as it soared through the air.

Everyone let out noises of exclamation, with Shioka looking slightly smug before Aizawa turned around the recording device and displayed the number on the screen.

"707 METERS?!" They all yelled. Izuku didn't see why they were all upset, it was a pretty good score all things considered.

Aizawa saw his confused face and started talking, "Yagi and Shinsou weren't here on the first day so I'll explain to them. We had a quirk assessment and Bakugou here threw the ball 704 meters." Izuku and Hitoshi nodded in appreciation.

"You've been training your minds, but not your bodies or quirks. For this training camp, you will be going through hell and back to level up your quirks," Aizawa smiled evilly, "don't be holding back now."

The class all shuddered in horror.

"Yagi #2, since you don't have a quirk, you'll be switching stations, from muscle building and fighting with Tiger, to stealth and weapons training with me," Izuku nodded with a 'yes sensei'.

"Get to it."

~~~

Slamming his food onto the table, Izuku slumped down with a tired groan.

"You know, now is a time I wish I had a quirk," Izuku mumbled, his voice muffled as he kept his head on the table, "so I wouldn't have to keep switching between different stations."

Hitoshi gave him a sympathetic look as he patted his hair, before continuing to eat his meal. After almost two and a half hours, the students of class 1A and 1B cooked their own dinner. Izuku took charge, since he had to learn how to cook for himself at a young age, he was pretty good at cooking.