Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth

"Do you flirt with every boy you meet or just me?"

"Just the cute ones, so you're the first one."

"You smooth motherfucker."

~~~

Walking out of UA, Izuku waited at the gate for Hitoshi. The heroics exams were ongoing, so he called Mei, who already took the support course exams a day ago, to review what happened while he waited.

"MEI! MEI! I'M HANGING OUT WITH THE HOT GUY SOON WHAT DO I DO?" Izuku asked her frantically.

"Pfftt!"

Izuku heard Mei laugh on the other line.

"MEI, IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Izuku yelled at her with a red face.

"It's kind of funny." Mei retorted.

"Ugh...just help me, please," Izuku asked her pitifully.

"Ok, ok, so what you do on your date is-" Mei was saying before Izuku cut her off.

"IT'S NOT A DATE!" Izuku yelled into the phone.

"Are you talking about our coffee hangout? Because I was hoping it was a date," A voice said in mock disappointment from behind Izuku.

Izuku spun around to see Hitoshi standing there.

"H-Hitoshi! Mei, I'll call you back later." Izuku whispered into the phone.

"Have fun on your date!" Mei chirped from the phone.

After Izuku hung up, he turned to Hitoshi, who walked closer to him.

"Can we make this a date?" Hitoshi asked Izuku.

"W-well, how about we make this a friendly hangout, to get to know each other, then we go on a first date another time?" Izuku asked him, regretfully.

"I'm fine with that, as long as I get to hang out with you," Hitoshi told him before walking away towards their rendezvous.

After they sat down with their snacks and coffee, they talked about many different things. They had many things in common, like loving cats, having insomnia, loving coffee, and having an abundance of cat memes.

"So, I have to ask," Izuku said to Hitoshi.

"Hit me," Hitoshi said playfully.

"Do you flirt with everyone you meet, or just me?" Izuku asked him, cheeks slightly pink.

"Just the cute ones. So you're the first," Hitoshi told him with a wink.

"You smooth motherfucker," Izuku said with a laugh.

Hitoshi's face turned slightly red at the sound.

"Ok, it's my turn to ask a question.".

"Ask away. It's only fair," Izuku told him softly, petting a cat.

"Well, I want to know why you weren't allowed to take the heroics exam," Hitoshi asked him. Izuku stopped petting the cat for a second in surprise, then resumed his petting a little later.

"Hitoshi, what's your quirk?" Izuku asked him suddenly, which surprised Hitoshi.

"M-my quirk?" Hitoshi said, which only caused Izuku to nod.

"My quirk is Brainwashing; it allows me to take control of a person if they respond to a question. Pretty villainous, right?" Hitoshi had his head down during his explanation, but when he looked up at Izuku, he was surprised to see the stars in his eyes.