Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend

"I'm sor-"

"No."

~~~

"*sigh* God, when will they leave me alone? They've left me alone for ten years but now they just...ugh..." Izuku grumbled.

Izuku was taking a walk to get out of the house for a while, when he spotted a cat café on the sidewalk ahead of him.

Izuku loves cats with a passion, so he decided to relax in the place with all the things that he enjoys, because the exams are tomorrow, and everyone needs some rest and relaxation.

In the café, he's greeted by white-washed walls adorned with pink and blue accents; Izuku thinks it's cute.

"Hi! Welcome to Neko Café, the most popular cat cafe in all of Musutafu! Would you like a table?" the waitress asked.

"Yes please, I would like a table for one, for two hours," Izuku told her, taking out his money to pay.

"Of course sir, right this way. My name is Hatara. I'll be taking care of you today!" The waitress, Hatara, said.

She showed him the menu and left Izuku to his own devices, coming back a while later to take his order and bring him the food.

When Izuku sat down, 3 cats immediately jumped up to him and made themselves a home on him and his table.

"Why hello there....aren't you cuties..." Izuku whispered softly, petting them gently.

"I'm surprised, those three don't usually interact with people," a voice behind him remarked.

Izuku turned and saw a cute-looking boy with gravity-defying lilac hair, and dark eye bags hanging under prominent purple eyes.

"Really... I must be special then," Izuku jokingly said to him.

"Yeah..I guess you are..." the boy said, looking straight at Izuku.

Izuku blushed lightly and turned away to hide his warm face.

"My name's Shinsou, Hitoshi Shinsou," the pretty boy, Shinsou, said.

"My name is Izuku Yagi, but please, call me Izuku, I hate my family name," Izuku told him.

"Ok, Izuku, then you can call me Hitoshi. Makes it fair right?" Hitoshi told him. Izuku thought that he said "Izuku" in a flirty tone, but he's not sure.

"O-ok...Hitoshi..." Izuku said shyly.

"Well, I have to go, but I hope to see you soon...especially since i'm giving you my number..." Hitoshi said, voice getting softer the more he spoke.

"O-ok, yeah sure, s-see you soon," Izuku stumbled over his words, face a light pink.

Hitoshi gave Izuku a slip of paper with a phone number, and a heart, leaving Izuku to have a gay pan - mental breakdown, while still surrounded by cats.

~~

"MEI, MEI! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS! A SUPER HOT GUY GAVE ME HIS NUMBER! AND IT HAD A HEART NEXT TO IT! MEI, MEI I'M GOING TO PASS OUT! HE WAS SO PRETTY MEI!" Izuku yelled into the phone while pacing his room. He's talking to his best, and only, friend, Mei Hatsume. They've known each other for years, and bonded over their love of tinkering with machinery. "STOP LAUGHING!"

"Z..zuku...omg...h..hahah..." Mei chuckled into the phone.

"HE CALLED ME IZUKU, MEI!" Izuku yelled again, as he flopped onto his bed, a mix of grey sheets, black blankets, and yellow pillow cases.