Chapter 27: Hospitals galore

"Dad?"

"You scared me, kid,"

~~~

Izuku didn't know when he fell asleep, but the next thing he knew, he was waking up in a sterile, white room. Turning his head, he saw his dad sleeping peacefully in the chair on his left, right next to the window that showed the early morning sky.

Moving to sit up, Izuku let out a grunt, waking his father from his sleep. Watching as the man jolted up, capture weapon at the ready, made Izuku remember that he was one of the top underground heroes.

Catching his father's eye, Izuku smiled playfully.

"So, come here often?" Izuku's voice was coarse and dry, causing him to cough a little before the smile returned to his face.

The boy enjoyed, silently laughing, as the tired man sighed, before putting his head in his hands, his freckled-cheeked smile only dropping after five minutes of silence.

"Dad?" Izuku whispered.

"You scared me, kid," Aizawa croaked.

Izuku stared at him, eyes wide before he reached out towards him. Feeling the air around him shift, Aizawa lifted his head and pulled his son into a tight embrace, petting the back of his bird nest-like hair.

"I'm sorry, dad," Izuku whimpered into the black jumpsuit, clenching the fabric tightly.

"It's not your fault," Aizawa rumbled, "you didn't ask to get kidnapped. It's illogical to apologize."

That drew a short laugh, followed by a cough, from the greenette.

"That's so like you to say," he softly spoke.

Aizawa didn't respond, though Izuku could clearly see the small smile on his face before he reached over to the bedside table and handed the sitting boy a cup of water.

After finishing the whole cup with a satisfied sigh, Izuku handed the cup back to his dad, who set it down on the table.

"Hito?" Izuku asked.

He heard his father snort and whisper something like, 'of course that's the first thing you ask about,' but he chose to ignore it.

"Hitoshi is fine. They put him in a medically induced coma because of all the injuries he had, but he's going to make a full recovery," he explained.

While upset about his lover being injured at all, Izuku was glad that he would be okay.

"What happened after we went into the ambulance?"

Aizawa didn't hesitate.

"After you two got out of the area," he didn't mention the group, "All Might started fighting seriously. The league had left at that point, Kokoro going with them. He then revealed his small form on television. All for One, who I'm sure you know was the main villain, then revealed that you and Ikaru were his kids."

Izuku's blood ran cold.

"He said it loud enough for the news team to pick up from their helicopter, so now everyone is mentioning it online. While most of them are wondering why he hid it from the public, some of them, the quirkists, are saying that it's because..."

Aizawa didn't need to finish that sentence.

"Because I'm quirkless."

Aizawa nodded mutely.

Izuku clenched the bedsheets in his fists.

Before either of them could say anything, a knock on the door interrupted the moment.