Chapter 15: Stain

"HITO!"

~~~

The week passed by in a flash. The class only had four days to decide who they were interning with.

Because no one had sent them requests, and they were transferred from Gen Ed, Izuku and Hitoshi were interning with Aizawa. (And it's totally not because Aizawa wanted to spend more time with his son. No, who would think that?)

Shoto decided to intern with Endeavor because he wanted to learn how to control his fire better (and because he knew someone special would also be interning in Hosu). Kokoro decided that since she's been mostly training her fireside for years, she wanted to intern with a hero who controlled ice, 'The Snowy Hero: Freezer.'

Shioka decided to go with 'Best Jeanist' because he was the highest-ranked hero on her list.

Ikaru decided to go with a hero none of the class has heard of called 'Gran Torino,' shocking the class as she received the highest number of internship offers.

Now, what Izuku was suspicious about was who Iida decided to intern with. It was a hero local to Hosu called 'Manual'. Izuku realized that it might be because of how Stain attacked his brother, Ingenium, in Hosu.

"Iida," Izuku called out to the blue-haired boy.

"Ah, Yagi. Hello, what can I do for you?" Iida said, trying to be polite.

"I heard about your brother, I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need someone to talk to that I'm always open to it," Izuku told him, cupping the other's shoulder in his palm.

"I appreciate it, Yagi, I really do, but if there was anyone I needed to talk to I don't think you'd be high up on the list," Iida said.

"Oh," Izuku replied, mood dampening a little.

"No offense, but I'm still upset about you moving Uraraka to general studies," Iida said.

"What? Why?" Izuku asked.

"I-I...had feelings for her..." Iida said, walking away and leaving Izuku standing there, mentally commenting on how stupid some people were.

.

.

.

"Alright brats, listen up," Aizawa said, standing in front of the train station, right before sending off his class to their internships.

"No wearing your hero uniforms in public without your mentor's permission," Aizawa told them. "And listen to your mentors. Now leave you gremlins," Aizawa said, leaving the class to go wait outside for the boys.

"Iida," Izuku said, catching Iida's attention.

"Yes," Iida said, turning to look at Izuku with a tired look.

"I know you don't want to talk to me, but you should talk to someone. If you're going to do what I think you're going to do, don't," Izuku said to him.

Iida turned around, back now facing Izuku, and said, "I don't know what you're talking about, Yagi. If you'll excuse me," before walking away.

"What was that about?" Hitoshi, who was waiting by the doors for him, asked Izuku.

"Nothing..." Izuku said, dejectedly.

"Well, cheer up. We're going to intern with your dad, isn't that exciting?" Hitoshi asked, trying to cheer him up.

Izuku giggled, lighting up Hitoshi's face in a pink hue, and grabbed Hitoshi's hand in his own,

"Yeah..." Izuku said in a soft whisper.