Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter

"Midterms are next week,"

"AHHHHHH,"

~~~

A week had passed since their little lesson in morality, and most of them have taken it to heart. Shioka, the usually loud, obnoxious yeller of the class, had actually seemed to be trying to control her anger and limit her cursing. She had also, albeit a little begrudgingly, apologized to Izuku for her year of bullying. He didn't forgive her, obviously, but she seemed like she didn't want him to forgive her anyway.

Something about pride she had muttered.

She had also apologized to Shoto about how she reacted at the cafe, but he apologized back and now they're on speaking terms. They're not friends, per se, but they can have a conversation if they need to.

Kokoro on the other hand...Didn't see the point in the lesson that much.

She was still trying to get Izuku's attention, and whenever she looked at him she had this dark look in her eyes.

Shoto had brought up his concerns to him one day, telling him that he heard her talking on the phone in her room one day, and she had mentioned his name, Hitoshi's name, and something about blood.

Izuku was, understandably, concerned. He had told Dadzawa, but without evidence, he couldn't do anything. Though, he was also upset by her.

Ikaru, since that day, had seemed sad. Izuku didn't think it was from the lesson since she didn't seem sad after it, but she had come in the next day exuding a depressive aura that only other depressed kids could feel.

Although, Izuku could tell she wasn't depressed in general, just about something specific.

But he didn't care that much about her to find out.

He heard from his dad once that Uraraka and Bakugou weren't doing so well in their therapy and anger management sessions, and if they didn't improve they would be expelled.

Izuku felt guilty that he was hoping for them to be expelled, but Hitoshi reassured him that it was ok to feel that way since they hurt him. Badly.

Other than those things, the week itself was boring.

The next day after the morality lesson, they did end up doing that training with All Might, though it was just a race through a dense city.

Izuku had come in first in his group since he spent years training his body, unlike most of the class who only cared to train their quirks.

Hitoshi also got first in his group. Izuku was very proud of him and rewarded him with a kiss.

They both had blushed when Mina wolf-whistled, causing Izuku to hide his face in his hands and Hitoshi to control her to do the chicken dance.

She hadn't really minded though, just laughing it off.

The rest of the week was just normal.

At least, until Friday.

~~~

On Friday during homeroom, Aizawa came in and dropped a bomb onto the class.

"Midterms are next week."

"AHHHHHH," Kaminari and Mina screamed in anguish.

"Quiet," Aizawa said, using his quirk with a glare, causing the whole class to be silent.

"There will be a written portion and a physical portion. That is all," Aizawa announced, before crawling into his sleeping bag and falling asleep.

The class was silent for a couple of minutes, to confirm that he was actually asleep, before bursting into chatter about midterms.