Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time

"HITOSHI SHINSOU!"

"Shit..."

~~~

"HITOSHI SHINSOU!" A shrieking voice was heard from the hospital hallway.

"Shit..." Hitoshi whispered, looking around desperately for an escape route, much to everyone's confusion.

Izuku, knowing exactly who it was, just gave Hitoshi a close eyed nod, before walking over to the window and opening it, before trying to jump out of it.

He managed to get one leg out the window before his dad's capture weapon wrapped around his torso.

"Deal with the consequences, problem child," was all Aizawa said, before dragging him back inside and sitting him back down in a chair.

"Play All-Star at my funeral," Izuku said.

Aizawa just nodded in sympathy, before the door burst open.

And there, in all of her pink-haired glory, stood Mei Hatsume.

"H-Hey, Mei," Hitoshi said, waving pathetically at the engineering genius.

As Mei stalked into the room, Izuku could see Ikaru hiding her face in her hands, small amounts of blush on her cheeks as she snuck glances at Mei.

Feeling his eyebrow twitch in annoyance, Izuku thought, 'Hell no'.

As Izuku tried to hide behind Yamada, he felt his ear get grabbed by Mei, before being dragged over to Hitoshi's bed and deposited onto it.

She glared at both boys, arms crossed, making them both sit on the bed with their knees tucked in and their heads bowed.

"Tell me, what is the one thing I tell you knuckleheads not to do?" She asked, eye twitching in annoyance.

"Not to engage in combat that will get us hurt..." The boys whispered.

"And what did you do?"

"Engage in combat that got us hurt..." They said again, their voice reduced to almost nothing.

Facing the scene, Yamada had to physically hold back his laughter while Aizawa smirked in his scarf.

Mei smacked the backs of both boy's heads before hugging them both tightly.

"I'm glad you're both safe..." She whispered.

They both hugged back, just as tightly, probably cutting off some oxygen.

"Ok, ok, I know you're happy you're all ok, but you're going to pass out from hypoxia if you don't let go soon," Aizawa said, suppressing a chuckle.

With only a little huff, Mei let go of the two boys and sat in the chair next to the bed.

As the room quieted down into miniature conversations, with Ikaru constantly glancing at Mei, they were broken up by a polite knock on the door.

"Excuse me," a soft voice was heard from the door.

As everyone turned, Hitoshi's face lit up.

"MOM!" Hitoshi yelled, moving to stand up but was held down by Izuku.

"Oh, baby!" Mihoko Shinsou, standing there with her periwinkle-colored hair astray, yelled, running over to her son's hospital bed and hugging him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're ok!" She said, tears forming in her lilac eyes.

"Me too..." Hitoshi whispered into her hair, relishing in the blueberry scent.