Chapter 22: Shopping is fun

"Hello...Izuku Yagi..."

"Oh, god damn it,"

~~~

As Izuku was surrounded by darkness, he could make out a couple of voices, though they were foggy, he could recognize them as his boyfriend and parents.

"Hnggg," Izuku groaned into the darkness, opening a single eye to a slit before immediately squeezing it shut again due to the bright lights glaring on him.

"Guys, guys, he's up!" Izuku heard Hitoshi say, feeling his presence come closer.

He didn't open his eyes until he could see a shadow blocking the light's harsh glare, and he was met with the sight of his worried boyfriend.

"Hey," Izuku whispered, voice as dry as the Sahara desert.

"Here, drink this," Hitoshi said, handing him a glass of water.

After taking a long sip, he pulled away from the glass with an audible sigh of relief, "thanks Hito."

"Are you ok?" Hitoshi asked, taking a seat on the bed as he grabbed hold of the greenette's hand.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Izuku replied with a small smile.

"I'm glad," Hitoshi whispered with a smile.

They sat in peaceful silence for a few moments, staring into each other's eyes before it was broken by a fake cough.

"Alright love birds, we need to check on Izuku," Aizawa said with crossed arms and an amused smirk.

The boys jumped apart, flushing in embarrassment as a chuckling Recovery Girl briefly checked over Izuku's wounds.

"He's good to go, he just needs to rest for a bit," Recover Girl said, lightly tapping Izuku's leg with her cane.

"Thank you Recovery Girl," Izuku bowed, Hitoshi bowing after him.

"My pleasure dearies, run along now, you've made your fathers very worried," she said with a smile.

Izuku nodded to her before he walked over to his parents and gave them a hug.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," Izuku whispered into the hug, feeling them squeeze him a little tighter.

"It's alright clover, I'm just glad you're okay," Yamada said, holding Izuku's cheeks in his hands as he stared into his son's eyes.

"Clover?" Izuku asked though it was muffled by the way Yamada was holding his cheeks.

"'Cuz you're green, and you're pretty unlucky, so I thought it would be ironic," Hitoshi and Aizawa snorted while Izuku just shrugged his shoulders.

"That's fair," Izuku nodded, "let's just go home."

"Sounds good, broccoli," Aizawa said with a smirk, causing Hitoshi and Yamada to laugh as Izuku huffed with crossed arms.

Izuku truly loved his family.

~~~

"So, what happened in the final match?" Izuku asked, snuggled in between his dad and boyfriend with his papa on the other side of his dad. They were all sprawled out on the couch watching Rio.

"Well, it wasn't really that exciting, to be honest," Hitoshi lightly scratched the side of his head with his eyes closed.

"Explain it to me, please," Izuku stared into Hitoshi's eyes with puppy dog eyes.

He knew no one could resist them.

"You're so manipulative," Hitoshi huffed, "Ikaru and Shoto started out by hiding in an alleyway to plan before Shoto froze All Might in a giant glacier, but before All Might could punch himself out of it, Shoto shot fire at him to cause a nice little implosion. As All Might was dazed, Ikaru came in and sent in a powerful shock wave to disorient him even more. As All Might was distracted, Ikaru snagged the cuffs onto him before he could straighten up."