Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3

"So, are you quirkless?"

"Yeah..."

~~~

The sun's glare blinded Izuku when he walked through the hallway towards the outside.

He formed his hands into a visor above his head and walked to the center of the arena.

"FOR OUR FIRST MATCH OF THE FINAL EVENT, WE HAVE FROM CLASS 1B, THE PHANTOM THIEF OF QUIRKS, NEITO MONOMA!" Present Mic announced.

Izuku see's his opponent walk onto the other side of the stage. He has blond hair a little darker than the Bakugou's, light blue eyes, and a smirk plastered onto his face. Izuku was surprised by the determination in his eyes; it didn't look like the determination to win but to do something else entirely.

"AND HIS OPPONENT, THE WONDER KID FROM GEN ED WHO PLACED 1ST IN THE FIRST TWO EVENTS, IZUKU YAGI!" Present Mic announced, only Izuku heard the extra enthusiasm in his voice.

Izuku walked up to the arena, analyzing his opponent, thinking of the best way to take him down. He already knew about his quirk because he accessed the UA database previously and researched both the heroics class' information. Nezu gave the go-ahead because he figured out that Izuku was 'Midori,' the current number one info broker for heroes in Japan. Nezu had figured it out during their first lesson together, when Nezu tried to teach him how to hack, only to see that Izuku already knew how and was basically a pro from his extensive experience in the field, tapping into comm lines, hacking into remote cameras, the works.

It all started when he was eleven. Izuku was sitting in his room, browsing the internet because he was bored. He had finished his martial arts training a few weeks ago and had so much free time he didn't know what to do with.

He was already practicing with weapons, but those didn't take too long to master; hence his boredom.

While he was browsing, he came across a video about Japan's most famous info brokers.

Izuku was interested.

He started researching hacking, heroes, villains, and vigilantes alike.

He became a prominent info broker when some of his information helped the police with a big drug bust.

Detective Tsukauchi had messaged him and thanked him for the information, compensating Izuku with a large sum of money.

He helped other heroes, not just the police, and when they wanted support items, he had Mei build them, giving her half of the profit. Throughout the whole thing, they had turned a considerable profit.

.

.

.

The two students looked at each other, one with determination and the other with boredom.

You can guess who's who.

"And... START!" Midnight announced, cracking her whip.

Izuku waited for Monoma to make the first move, wanting to see what he'd do.

Monoma rushed towards Izuku, as he predicted, and swung his fist, trying to hit Izuku in the face, but missing as Izuku dodged.

"I'm going to see what quirk you have and put an end to the mystery," Monoma said to Izuku, speaking quietly, so no one else heard.

Izuku felt a flash of anger at the mention of his quirk and stopped moving.

Monoma threw a punch and, expecting Izuku to dodge again, was surprised when Izuku didn't move and caught his fist instead.