Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1

Are you going to put me with you or keep making it hold me like a damsel in distress?"

"damsel in distress."

~~~

After two weeks of hellish training, it was finally time for the Sports Festival.

Cut to Izuku and Hitoshi in Class 1C's waiting room when there was a knock on the door.

Turning his head, Izuku sees Ikaru standing there, deducting that her friends weren't far.

"Izuku, can I speak to you?" she asks shyly.

The people in his class wondered how he managed to get a cute girl to talk to him.

"Fine," he said coldly, shocking the rest of his class minus Hitoshi, as he's always spoken cheerfully and joyously to them.

Izuku looked over to Hitoshi, motioning for him not to follow. Hitoshi nodded to show that he understood and waited for Izuku to finish his business.

Izuku walked into the hallway and saw Ikaru's little gang waiting for her down the hall, proving his theory correct.

"What is it?" he asked her in a monotone voice.

"I just wanted to say good luck," Ikaru said to him, desperate for some contact with him.

"I don't need luck. I have training. While you were moving trash, I was fighting, since I know martial arts, unlike you." Izuku told her, moving to go inside.

"Oi! Don't talk to her like that! Who do you think you are?!" Katsuki yelled, running towards him with his palms, ready to explode him to smithereens.

Izuku expertly grabbed his arm when he was close enough and flipped him over his shoulder, knocking the wind out of him as he hit the ground. Izuku stood on his chest to further beat the pulp out of him, knocking him unconscious.

Everyone stared. Ikaru was speechless that her brother knocked out her boyfriend. Shoto was impressed that Izuku could throw someone over his shoulder. Shioka was angered that her brother was knocked out by a Deku, and Kokoro thought Izuku looked cool.

"I'm the one who's going to beat her at the Sports Festival, all of you. I'm going to win, and I'm going to prove that I'm not useless," Izuku stated, pure and utter determination reinforcing his declaration.

"Tch, sure." Shioka clicked her tongue and walked away. Shoto walked with her too, Kokoro followed, a few steps behind because she wanted to check out Izuku, milking what view she could have until the start of the fest. Ikaru helped a now-conscious Katsuki up and walked away.

Before they made it too far, Katsuki turned his head and said, "This isn't over."

"Yeah, because I'm going to kick your ass."

Katsuki just scowled and walked away with Ikaru.

"What was that about?" Hitoshi asked him when he made it back inside.

"Oh nothing, just some little insects thinking they could get in my way," Izuku replied coolly, making Hitoshi drool a little bit.

"Come on. It's almost our turn to walk out."

~~~

"AND HERE WE HAVE CLASS 1C!" Yelled Present Mic yelled to the audience. The audience clapped loudly, but more subdued than they did for the hero courses, Class 1A to be specific. Most of 1A looked smug at the extra praise that they received, the egotistical bastards they are. They had more enthusiastic applause, directed namely Katsuki, Shioka, Uraraka, Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Sero, and a few others, making all the other classes angry that they were acting so smug.