Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2

"HELP SHOTO'S KIDNAPPING ME!"

"Stop yelling,"

~~~

The second event was starting.

A dodgeball game.

The objective of the game was to get the most points in 30 minutes.

Everyone who made it into the top 42 had to wear a vest. All contestants started off with 0 points, but there was a different amount of points that someone gave if another person hit their vest. For example, Hatsume was worth one point as she was No. 42, while No. 41 gave two points. They also had an unlimited amount of lives. But the real kicker was that first place, Izuku himself, was worth a whopping 10 million points.

~~~

Putting on his vest, Izuku felt someone tap on his shoulder.

He turned around to face the mystery person, his face lighting up and tension releasing when he saw that it was just Hitoshi.

"Toshi! Why are you here? The event is starting soon," Izuku told him, tilting his head like a puppy making Hitoshi's heart flutter.

'Cute,' Hitoshi thinks, before speaking to him, "I just wanted to wish you good luck, Zuzu."

"You too, Toshi! You better make it into the final event!" Izuku says back to him.

Hitoshi smiles and says, "I'm planning on it."

~~~

Once the whistle blew, Izuku immediately had to dodge an onslaught of balls aimed towards him.

Because of his high point value, Izuku was a prime cut of meat for all involved, excluding Hitoshi and Mei, of course.

Hitoshi was using his training that he had gotten from the two weeks of prep that he got from two very strict trainers while Mei was using a machine she built that fires small projectiles, perfect for the balls.

Here we see Izuku, dancing around the balls, like ballet, not even throwing a single ball yet.

By the time there were only 15 minutes left, no one had managed to hit Izuku, not even close.

By that time, most people stopped trying to hit him, deeming him too good at dodging as he hasn't even broken a sweat yet. They tried to find other people that could give them points and picked them off.

Well, almost everyone.

"OI! YOU DAMN NERD! STOP DODGING AND FIGHT BACK! STOP BEING SUCH A COWARD!" Katsuki yelled, throwing a ball straight at his chest.

The ball was coming at him hot and fast like a hailstorm. Katsuki convinced the audience that he would be the only one to get the 10 million points with that throw. He was a hero course student, and he would easily get those points against a gen ed student, right?

Wrong.

Just as the ball was about to hit his vest, Izuku caught the ball and threw it back at Katsuki, faster and harder than Katsuki threw it initially. It hit Katsuki square in the chest, making him gasp in surprise and fall.

Everyone was silent.

The students, the audience, everyone, were silent.

Then Izuku walked up to Katsuki and took the ball that rolled near his body.

"Me? Being a coward? No, no," Izuku said, his hair shadowing his eyes before he looked up and showed his eyes that looked like they were glowing in the light, "I'm just giving everyone else a chance."