Episode 1

excuse mistakes

Reagan Davis
Age : 19
Houston , Texas

"Mommy I cold" Raelyn said.

"I know baby, we're almost there" I said covering her more with my jacket.

I felt her sneeze against the crook of my neck which made me sigh and walk faster.

I quickened my pace to get to my apartment.

"Oh shorty fine as a bitch"

"I'll be her daughter step daddy" Was all I heard going up the steps to my apartment. I frowned in disgust at all of the disgusting inappropriate comments that were made.

I quickly took my key out and pushed the door open to my small apartment and sighed.

I put Raelyn down and took off her jacket and shoes.

"Mommy I still cold" She whined.

"I know let's go take a bath, then we can get you under the covers" I replied.

She reached for me to pick her up and I complied.

I locked the front door and then put a chair behind it for extra precaution.

I made my way to the bathroom and ran some warm water for Rae.

"You want bubbles Rae?" I asked looking down.

She nodded her head with her fingers in her mouth.

The water stopped in the middle of the tub and I poured some bubble wash in.

Removing Rae's clothes I carefully put her in the bathtub.

"I'll be right back okay?" I said.

"Mommy look me" She giggled splashing the water everywhere.

"I see you mama hold on" I smiled running to our shared room grabbing her pajamas and a towel.

"Mommy I maid I maid" Raelyn shouted.

She loved Arielle the mermaid and every time she got near water she pictures herself as her.

I went back in the bathroom to wash her up a good three times and then to dry her off.

"Mommy eat eat" She shouted as I put lotion on her body.

"Nina didn't feed you?" I frowned.

"No no" She frowned crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay I'll fix you a jelly sandwich." I mumbled.

I work at McDonalds which is where I met Nina. On her off days she volunteers to watch Rae.

I made a mental note to ask her more about not feeding Rae.

"C'mon let's go get our sandwich" I said picking her up off the counter.

I went into the kitchen with Rae hot on my tail.

"You want milk or apply juice?" I asked her.

"Milk" She cheesed.

"Coming right up" I nodded.

I fixed her a jelly sandwich and gave her a Ensure Milk.

While she ate I just admired her.

Raelyn is my whole world. She is the exact reason why I try so hard in this thing called life. No matter how she was conceived she is my biggest blessing. Even though times get hard and I want to give up , I know that I can't because my daughter needs me.