Season Two ~ Episode Eight

excuse mistakes

"Damn Kam." Jamari sighed leaning back in the hospital chair.

"Did the doctors say anything yet?" Nyla asked bussing in the hospital emergency room.

"No, still in surgery." Reagan mumbled.

"This some fucking bullshit, those police never once stepped into that building until kids came running out." Ms. Taylor mugged shaking her head.

"That's just how this cruel world is, don't do nothing until it's to late." Alexis mumbled.

They had all heard about the shooting on the news, when they heard that one of the victims were Kambree everyone raced to the hospital.

"I hope those babies ok." Ms. Taylor sighed shaking her head.

"C-Can I p-please get an update on my baby. Sahara Allen-Wright." Dior pleaded with the receptionist.

"A-And my baby girl Ansley. I just need to know she's alive." Ansley's mother begged standing next to Dior.

The two mothers were the only ones who haven't received updates on their kids. All of the other parents were able to go up to their kids rooms except for Dior and Summer; Ansley's mom.

Summer had already lost her son to childhood cancer, Ansley was all she had left.

"We don't have any updates on your kids yet, a doctor will be with you shortly." The receptionist groaned

"Lord please don't make me turn this hospital upside down. I'm tryna change. Lord just please be with this bitch or she gone be on a operating table." Dior mugged snatching the clipboard off the desk and throwing it on the floor.

"Some Alexis or Reagan ass would do." Jamari mumbled.

"But that's not right, they was here before us and still don't have updates on their kids. They deserve to know what's going on. They're the parents." Reagan frowned shaking her head at the receptionist.

"That girl look so familiar." Alexis frowned looking at Summer.

"Sis don't we know her from somewhere?" She asked Reagan.

Reagan turned to look at Summer and shook her head. "I don't remember her face."

"I'm probably tripping." Alexis shrugged

"Ja'seem said Arielle and Momo just walked in." Reagan announced to Alexis and Khalil.

"Okay." Alexis responded.

"Kambree a fighter though. And lord forbid if she was to pass away, she would've did it protecting those kids and doing something she loved." Ms. Taylor stated.

"No she better make it. That's my fucking heart back there." Nyla sniffled walking outside to get some air.

"Ansley Brown." A surgeon called out getting her mother's attention.

"Is my baby ok?" Summer asked with hopeful eyes.

"Your baby girl will be okay, she's resting in room P23. We had to do a emergency blood transfusion because she lost over 45% of her blood due to the bullet hitting one of her arteries in her neck. The bullet hit the left carotid artery which is the artery that provides blood to the brain. We did stabilize her before she lost all oxygen to her brain, which would've cause her to be brain dead. Your baby is expected to make a full recovery." The surgeon stated.

Summer did a silent prayer and thanked the surgeon.

"Thank you so much for having that talk with me." She said to Dior.