Episode 27

excuse mistakes

Nyla Taylor
Age : 16
Houston, Texas

next day..

"Hey girls it's some breakfast downstairs." Ms. Jada said.

Ms. Jada was Kambree's mom. She was really cool and funny. It wasn't until yesterday that I found out Kambree was adopted. Ms. Jada was african american, while her dad was caucasian.

"We'll be down in a minute." Kambree yawned.

After Ms. Jada shut the door we both sat up. Kambree started her morning hygiene while I just stared at the wall.

It was completely out of habit.

"Are you okay?" Kambree frowned.

"Yes I'm fine, I don't know why I do that." I chuckled.

"Okay well the shower is still running, if you wanna hop in, I'll wait on you so we can go down together." She said.

"Okay, give me like twenty minutes." I replied going to my duffel bag.

She nodded her head and started blow drying her hair.

I quickly walked to the bathroom with my duffel bag and locked the door behind me.

After I undressed myself, I hopped in the shower and started my routine.

Around 25 minutes later I was finally done with my shower and the rest of my morning hygiene, which included brushing my teeth and washing my face.

"You ready?" Kambree asked.

"Yup." I replied.

I grabbed my phone and we both headed downstairs.

"Good morning mommy." Kambree smiled hugging Ms.Jada.

"Good morning Kam, Good morning Nyla." She smiled back.

"Good morning." I responded.

"So I didn't know what you liked but I just assumed the regular bacon, eggs, grits, and sausages are fine." She stated.

"Yes ma'am that sounds great." I nodded

"Mom can we go to the movies tonight?" Kambree asked.

"Yea, do you guys need me to drop y'all off?" She asked sliding our plates to us.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Yes ma'am, can you not tell dad?" She said.

I frowned in confusion.

"Kambree, I won't tell him but you know how he gets." Ms.Jada sighed.

I saw Kambree look down like she was scared and I also notice Ms. Jada's mood change.

I've never seen Kambree's dad before, but something is telling me that I don't want to.

"Kambree I'll tell him you're at an emergency gym practice, don't worry." Ms. Jada said.