Episode 49

excuse mistakes

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

"Ma'am I'm sorry to inform you this but, your loved one slipped into a medically induced coma." The doctor stated.

"B-But he's going to be okay...r-right?" Reagan asked.

"Ma'am Jamari suffered some serious injuries, he's lucky to even be alive right now." The doctor said.

"Sir with all due respect, I would like to know what's going on with my son and how serious his injuries are. I don't need you to be telling us why we need to be lucky." Ms.Taylor calmly stated.

"Jamari has swelling in his brain, which almost caused him to loose oxygen to that organ. Luckily we got it under control, if not he would've died from brain damage. His spine was dislocated which resulted in us putting a disk in behind his spinal cord to make sure he won't be paralyzed. He has a broken hip bone so we did put screws in place so it can heal properly. Now I'm mostly concerned about his brain right now, although we did get the swelling under control, it's still very enlarged due to the impact. Jamari is expected to make a full recovery, he's in room 63 in our ICU Unit."

"Preciate it." Omari nodded.

Reagan sniffled and picked Raelyn up. "Can somebody get Seem?"

Drum nodded and threw Ja'Seem over his shoulder as the rest of the family walked to the elevator.

"Anybody have the time?" Kambree asked softly.

"It's a quarter to midnight." Mrs.Taylor nodded.

Alexis smacked her lips. "It's 11:45"

"Alexis don't get slapped." Mrs.Taylor snapped.

Alexis just shook her head and continued rubbing Reagan's back.

As the elevator dinged, the family spilled out and followed the white tile all the way to room 63. As soon as everyone was about to enter Reagan shook her head and stepped back. "I can't go in there."

"Baby, we're right here with you, everything gone be ok." Ms. Taylor stated.

Everybody gave her smiles and head nods to assure her that she was not alone.

Kambree pushed the door in and allowed everybody to walk into the room. Everybody crowded around Jamari's bed just looking at all of the tubes and IV's.

"Are the kids staying up here, or they can come to the house." Ms. Taylor spoke.

"They staying here, our bags are in the car, Kam gone go back with you and Ny though." Reagan replied staring at Jamari.

"Damn Mari." Omari sighed shaking his head.

"His ass bet not die on us, I'll beat his ass." Drum chuckled laying Ja'Seem down on the couch.

"Real shit." Pooda agreed.

"I'll beat all three of y'all ass if y'all cuss again, play with me." Ms. Taylor mugged.

"Sorry Ma." Omari chuckled.

"I-Um, I have to go to the bathroom." Nyla studdered running out the room.

"What's wrong with her?" Alexis frowned

"Chile we gone discuss that tomorrow, right now we all need rest." Ms. Taylor shook her head.

Reagan was still staring at Jamari making sure that his breathing was evened out.

"You gone be okay up here best?" Alexis asked Reagan.