58

Zendea's P.O.V

"What's next?" I ask Kylie, decorating the last lilly on tonights cake.

"Well, the shelter wrote you a letter two days ago saying they've run short on supplies and need financial assistance." I turn in her direction.

"How can that be possible? I thought they got a monthly transaction."

"I thought so too."

"Okay well let's go and find out then." I say heading for the door. On our way out we see Sebastian and I can only smile. He lifts me up and pecks my lips.

"I've missed you." He whispers and I giggle.

"You act as if we didn't just eat breakfast together."

"Five hours ago!" He groans. "Have lunch with me?"

"I can't I'm afraid, I'm on my way to the shelter. I'll see you tonight okay and don't be late." I say kissing his cheek and leaving. Getting to the shelter we find the manager waiting for us outside.

"Good day." I great and he bows to me.

"Luna, it is an honour." When his head lifts up he looks between Kylie and I then behind us.

"Is there a problem?" I ask.

"No, I was just expecting the Alpha to be here." He says.

"Well I'm here." I say a little irritated.

"Yes, my apologies. This way please." Leading us inside I'm shocked to see the condition of the shelter. It looks run down, crowded and unhygienic. When we get to Mr Johnsons office Kylie and I give each other a look. As Mr Johnson explains to me why he needs the extra money all I can take from it is that he's not mentioning the important things like food, new beds, freshly painted walls and so forth. Instead he's telling me bullshit.

"And that's why-"

"Mr Johnson, I'd like to see the shelter's journal please." I interrupt him.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because I want to see where the money goes." I explain.

"With all due respect Luna, I think when it comes to finances I should only speak with the Alpha." My eyes widen immediately.

"And why is that?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"It's a guy thing." He shrugs, smirking. I can feel myself getting angry and Katani is begging to rip this guy's face off. I try to push her back, shutting my eyes I turn my head in different directions. But my eyes snap open showing my rage.

"Say that again." I say, my canines coming out.

"Zendea.." Kylie says hesitantly but I get up, making my way to him.

"There is no journal is there? There's no journal because you are spending all the shelter's money instead of looking after everyone here." I swiftly wrap my hand around his neck and lift him off of his chair and the floor. "You have been making my people suffer because of your greed and lack of humanity, it makes me sick!

"Listen here you little-"

"You're fired." I say tossing him across the room.

"Well .." Kylie breaks the silence. After moving his knocked out body to the car I chain him with silver and put him in the trunk. "So what now Luna?"

"Do you know anyone who we can trust in running this place?"

Kylie looks at me and smiles, "Yes I do. You."

"What?!"

"Yes you, think about Zee. You love people, you love children and, they love you too, plus I know you'll treat them better than anyone else." She explains.

"Kylie no, I can't."

"Yes you can, I know you can." How can I say no when she's giving me the puppy dog eyes? Sighing I give in.

"I can't make a decision right away, I'll think about it." I answer honestly. After our talk Kylie and I look around the shelter and meet the wolves that stay there. I ask about the problems they have, what I can do to help and then organise for food to be brought for them to last at least two weeks, till I come back again. Finally returning to the house I take a quick shower and get ready. Sebastian walks in right when I put on my shoes.

"Ready?" He asks smiling at me.

"Yep, let's go." We walk to the pack house hand in hand.

"It's nice, what you're doing." He compliments.

"It's nothing, I simply just baked a cake and invited everyone for catered food and drinks."

"Doing something special for someone on their birthday is something." Kissing my cheek we enter the pack house and go to the garden only to find the celebration already in full swing. It feels good to see everyone eating and drinking and just enjoying themselves, it's been a while since we all just got together.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Luna." I bow.

"Oh stop. How are you doing honey?" She asks hugging me lightly.

"I'm better now thanks to your son. He took really good care of me." I admit.

"I'm glad he's doing something right." We laugh. "I've been seeing all that you're doing for this pack as the new Luna and I have to say that you are doing an amazing job. You genuinely care about our people and that's all it takes but, always remember to take it one step at a time, don't think you have to be perfect or handle everything on your own. Do things your way." Releasing a breath of relief I hug her impatiently.

"Thank you." I say and she nods then walks away.

"Ready to go home?" He whispers kissing my neck.

"Yes." That's all it takes for him to lift me up and carry me home. Getting home it doesn't take us long to cling to each other's bodies, pealing off one clothing at a time and kissing every flesh of each other.

"Come closer." I say and he pulls me even more to his chest, if possible. Listening to his heartbeat, I realise that it calms me, consumes me, protects me.

"How was your day?" I look up at him.

"It was eventful. I visited the shelter, met with Mr Johnson, got insulted by Mr Johnson, almost killed Mr Johnson then knocked him out and threw him into the holding cells because, I found out he was stealing the shelters money instead of helping them." I exhale. "How was your day?"

"Definitely boring compared to yours." He laughs and I join in. "So what are you going to do about the shelter?"

"Kylie suggested that I run it and I think she's right but, of course I wanted to talk to you first and-"

"Zendea you are the Luna of this pack, you don't need my permission to run this pack or do anything for that matter, you should do what you think is best for our people and just do it your way. I'll support you no matter what."

"I love you." I kiss his lips softly.

"And I love you." He says kissing my head and I eventually fall asleep in his arms as he plays with my hair.

_______________________________
Now that's a man! 🤣🤣🤣 What did you guys think about Mr Johnson?

Love you guys!

- Klyde ❤️