42

Zendea's P.O.V

I can't believe Maya forgot to come with her famous mac and cheese to dinner, and now I'm the one setting the table, I mean I don't mind I just don't want to do anything that isn't done here.

"Don't worry, we set the table anyway we want." Kylie reassures me. I decide to stop overthinking things and do what I feel comfortable with, setting everything on the table I suggest that everyone take their seats while I get the wine bottles from the wine cellar.

"I see you're settling in well, Luna." I quickly turn around and my face beams with joy when I see aunty Amira.

"What are you doing here?!" I scream giving her a tight hug.

"Well let's just say the Moon Goddess gave you one hell of a mate." She says pinching my cheek, I giggle and gently push her hand away.

"Sebastian brought you here?"

"Yes , apparently you're not feeling like yourself so he thought us coming over would be good for you." She explains. Sebastian!

"Us?" I ask a little confused now.

"Yes, me, your unc-"

"Aunt Amira?" I say trying to get her attention. She offers me a small smile.

"I'm sorry honey but apparently I am needed in the dining area because your brother and mate cannot get along." She says giving my forehead a kiss then she leaves.

"Okay .. all that's left is the wine." I say to myself heading to the wine cellar, which is downstairs in the basement, perfect. After a good five long minutes I find the perfect bottles of red and white wine.

"I wonder who else is-" The bottle slips out of my hand as we face each other.

SMASH!

"Hi baby." His venomous voice reaches my ears as the priceless bottle of exquisite red wine shatters on the floor, and into a million pieces. I stand frozen in my spot unable to move , speak or even blink because I can't tear my eyes from his. He finally starts making his way to me, stepping on the pieces of glass, the sound letting me know he's getting closer. Inches away from my face, he offers me a sinister smirk and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, a tear escapes from my eyes and only when I feel his thumb touch my cheek do I snap out of my petrified paralysis. Without a second thought I move away from him , viciously wiping my cheek with my hoodie.

"D-Don't tough m-me." And just in a matter of seconds his face turns into a scrowl. My glossy eyes watch as he takes his phone out of his pocket making a call.

"Do it now and lift it after 15 minutes. I don't think I'll be longer than that." He says ending the call. Making his way to me I can't help but let tears escape from my eyes as I back away , only to be greeted by the cold , hard wall.

"N-No." I stutter trying to shield myself from him. The moment his hands touch my body I am consumed by fear and terror.

"You look even prettier than the last time we saw each other sweetheart." He says firmly grabbing a hold of the back of my neck , pulling my body to his. I try to move away but his other hand snakes around my waist.

"Please d-don't." I can't even look into his eyes.

"You thought that you could replace me? BITCH YOU ARE MINE!" He roars roughly throwing me to the ground. Kicking my stomach I hit my back against the wall and in a matter of seconds I see him on top of me , he puts his knees on each of my arms so I can't move but I still try to kick and scream.

"You can scream as loud as you want but no one is going to hear you, not even your precious mate. It's just you and me now baby." I feel his fist harshly make contact with my face over and over again. After the third punch I feel the blood ooze out of my mouth. "You thought that you could escape me?" He says wrapping his hand around my neck. I try to breathe but he purposely tightens his hold.

"I OWN YOU!"

"I AM YOUR GOD!" Tears slide down my face. This can't be happening, he can't be here doing this to me.

"Zendea." I hear a whisper inside my head.

"Katani ?"

"Yes. I know I left you when you needed me most but when you were on the run and badly injured , I used all my strength to keep you alive, to make sure that you saw our mate again. I almost died and in the process I lost all my powers , or so I thought. I couldn't talk to you, give you my strength or better your senses because I was healing but I'm better now and just in time too. Now, get up and run."

"I can't."

"Yes you can! On three ok , one , two , three!" In an instant I gather all my might and shove my knee into Kyle's back , throwing him over me. He grunts in pain. I use this time to get up and run out of the basement but see an endless tunnel that was never there before. Where am I? I choose to keep running and hear Kyle growl not far behind.

"Katani I don't know where I'm going."

"I don't know how but we're still in the pack house, I can smell Sebastian not far from here. Just keep running Zendea."

"You can't escape from me baby , I'll find you." My heart rate quickens when I hear his voice getting closer, I see stairs leading out of the tunnel so I climb them as fast as I can, missing a step I almost fall to the ground and scratch my arm. And in a blink of an eye I'm back at the pack house crawling up the stairs instead of inside the basement. I keep running and unintentionally trip , falling into the dining area. Gasps fill the room as pack members rush to me offering their hand to lift me up, Sebastian growls and everyone in front of me makes way for him, reaching me he extends his hand and I quickly take it. When I look at my arm I see that the scratch is gone and when I move my body I can't feel the pain from when Kyle hit me. What has he done?

"Zendea what's wrong, are you okay?" And just then Kyle walks in, he shakes his head while showing me his phone , the same phone he used to make that phone call and fear just washes over me.

"Zendea tell him , tell him now." Katani urges me , I push her to the back of my head and seal my thoughts.

"I-I'm fine , I w-was just running to tell you that Katani's back and I guess I missed a step." I lie. Sebastian looks at me suspiciously but chooses to kiss my forehead.

"I knew she'd find the strength to come back to you baby. I'm happy for you." I'm such a terrible person. "Ready to eat?" I nod my head yes and he guides me to the head of the table. He takes a seat there and I take a seat to his left and everyone follows.

"May I have everyone's attention please, it's nothing new for us to be gathered here today to share a meal together but it is Zendea's first dinner with us, and I'm so proud of how everyone is welcoming her with open arms. I know that she'll make a great Luna." He takes a hold of my hand pulling me to my feet, I shyly stand and look around the table meeting everyone's eyes. Just then Maya walks in looking around frantically, Kyle abruptly stands rushing to her side and I watch in horror as the words "Mine!" escape his lips. My heart stops all the while Marcus shouts "woo hoo!" in praise of Kyle finding his mate and the last thing I see is Maya's beaming face before everything goes black.
________________________________
Oh no

- zendea ❤️