28

Sebastian's P.O.V

"Come on."

"No." I say for the one hundredth time.

"Come onnnn , please! Sebastian you can't keep her cooped up in there forever." Kylie whines.

"Watch me." I say victoriously. She's been begging me for weeks to see Zendea and every time I've said no but after our conversation last week, well more like argument , I've been thinking of actually letting her out. I mean she's not my prisoner and she does need daily exercise to keep healthy, since my house doesn't have an indoors gym but the next one will. I'm still planning but yeah.

"Sebastian I know-" I cut her off.

"No you don't. You have no idea so please spare me the act of pretending like you understand." I spit out coldly.

"I'm sorry." Kylie says sadly. Every time someone brings up what happened to kitten all my heart does is ice up and my rage just takes over.

"Look, it's 08:15 and she'll be up in a moment so maybe, seeing a new face will put her in a better mood than she's been in these past few days." I say.

"Yes!" Kylie screeches while jumping up and down like a child.

"Hey! Would you pull yourself together before I change my mind." This irritates me.
"Just make sure she eats and don't bombard her with anything questions, got it?" I ask.

"No worries , she's in good hands. Maya and I will take good care of her." She says leaving. Is it too late to change my mind?

"Wait. Is she allowed to leave the house ? Maybe come to the pack house?!" Zendea's too shy for all of that right now.

"You're pushing it. Don't irritate me. I'm warning you so take the hint while I'm still being nice."

"I was out of line, forgive me."

"She's shy and I don't want her feeling under pressure, I'll discuss it with her and see when she can meet the pack but it will not be today. Understand?"

"Yes Alpha, please excuse me." Kylie bows then leaves. I really hope I'm doing the right thing here , letting her rejoin society and pick up where she left off. I don't want to lose her again, I just can't. No, I won't. After hours of working through the main problems in the pack I decide to head to the house , I think my baby's had enough time with Kylie and Maya. She must be pretty tired but I'm sure she's happy. Just thinking about her smiling makes me feel happy. A loud knock rings through my office.

"Come in." Great , one more thing to handle. Jake basically barges in.

"We have a problem." He says out of breath.

"What's wrong ?" If Jake says we have a problem then it must be a problem.

"Titan and some of his best fighters are on their way here , to take Zendea."

"That little shit! Let's go." I say rushing out the door.

"Just us ?" Jake asks.

"Just us." Shifting we head into the woods. Seeing Titan charge for me I lower to the ground , wait for him to jump and bite him from underneath. He howls in pain but still charges at me and after multiple attempts he's finally able to bite into my left shoulder, growling in frustration I charge onto him and attack his neck.

"How dare you step foot on my land boy." I roar as I claw his left eye.

"Where is my sister?!" He barks.

"Where she fucken belongs ,with me!" And with that we charge at each other again, the more contact I make the more my rage rises till I see nothing but red and only attacking to kill. All I hear is a ringing sound, I can't hear Jake or anyone for that matter and then out of nowhere I'm tackled , we roll over once or twice till I see it's Jake.

"Why ?!" I roar.

"Did you not here me calling for you, yelling for you to stop. What has gotten into you? You nearly killed him."

"He stepped on my territory uninvited, charges for my people and now he has the audacity to think he can just take my mate? No ! He lacks respect and I'll shove it down his throat even if I choke him to death. Now move." I snarl, Jake steps aside and I begin to approach Titans wolf , looking down on its almost lifeless body.

"Be quick to learn or you will suffer the same fate as your useless father. I am not one Alpha you'd wish to challenge, you won't win and you will never take Zendea from me. Try again and next time I will kill you, for now thank my Beta you're still alive." I spit then take off , instead of heading to the house I decide to go for a run towards the mountains.

Running , my mind goes back to Titan and I's fight and how I just lost it. Usually I'm more in control of my rage than that but back there I was .. out of control. I never meant to kill the boy I mean he is my mate's brother and hurting her like that is something I'd never do but I almost did. What has gotten into me? What am I doing?

Maybe I need to put in more hours when working out. Sort through this rage.

"Maybe you should spend more time with our mate , like right now , you're here and it's close to midnight while she's at home by herself. Probably worried about you." Jax says.

"You're right , let's go." I say , turning around and racing home. Shifting behind the tree in front of our house I put on my grey sweats and go for the door.

"Wait!" Jax says making me stop.

"Intruder?" Who'd be that stupid?

"No, no one would dare but .. I think I feel Katani." What ?! That can't be.

"But Zendea hasn't felt her wolf in over a month , are you sure Jax?"

"Yes , positive. She is still too weak to resurface or let her know she's still alive but I know she's still alive , I can feel her." Finally, my baby can feel whole again. Opening the door the, what I see surprises me. As Zendea runs down the stairs with tears in her eyes, she misses a step and falls to her knees then gets up only to run to me and jump into my arms.

"Oh God , you're alive." She says , in between sobs while breathing heavily. "Y-You're alive."

I hold her tighter and try to comfort her. "I'm so sorry kitten , I'm here ok , I'm here I promise."

"I felt you're pain and I thought ..." She sobs but I can't help but smile a little because her feeling even the slightest of my pain means Jax was right, her wolf is still alive. Kissing her forehead I lift her up and carry her to bed.

________________________________
Please don't forget to vote and comment, love you babies☺️.

-Klyde ❤️