7

Zendea's P.O.V

I've been running , I don't even know for how long but what I do know is that my legs are about to give up on me. I don't want to go back , I just can't. My father hates me because I remind him of mom , she passed away when I was 10 aiding injured wolves during a war.  Titan and father have been constantly fighting because of me and I hate it. I wish mama was still here then all of this wouldn't be happening, we all used to be so happy but now I'm all alone.

Too much into my thoughts I hear a snap and then feel excruciating pain. I scream and fall to the ground , when I look at my left leg it's caught in a wolf trap. "Humans." I growl and as tears roll down my cheeks from the pain I hear footsteps coming my way so I quickly try to release myself from the trap but hiss when the silver it's made from, burns my flash. Tearing a piece of fabric from my top I wrap it around my hands and touch the metal again , getting it off . Getting up quickly I limp, and try to find some place I can hide.

"I heard something over here!" I hear a man yelling.

What do I do ? If I keep running they'll find me and kill me. All I'm surrounded by are trees, and if I keep running I won't stand a chance. Having no choice, I climb up the nearest tree and as high as I can. As they approach I can hear my wolf whimpering in fear , "They're not going to find us." I promise her and hear them approach.

"Where did it go? Damn it!" He spits out.
"Those damn mutts."

As he's about to walk away he stops and starts looking up , he almost sees me but one of the other guys come back and distracts him. "What are you looking for? Let's go it's not here." The other guy says. The guy looking up grunts and walks away , I decide to stay up here for a little while. Judging by the temperature dropping and the sun beginning to set I assume they're long gone, so I start climbing down slowly, to avoid hurting my foot. Once I'm on the ground I sniff the air for a way to go , my wolf agrees to going east so I start limping that way. Every time I put pressure on my foot it hurts more , if the trap wasn't made of silver I'd be healed by now.

Seeing a cave I decide to stay in it for the night. I'm so tired and hungry. Getting inside the cave I feel a sense of warmth, I then gather as much wood as I can and two rocks , starting a fire. Finally something good happens , as I sit by the fire I think of what I'm going to do. I ran away from the only home I know and the only family I have , I can't ask Mia for help because our packs are sworn enemies. I'm all alone. Choosing to stop my brain from wrecking itself, I lay on the ground and just let sleep consume me.

Waking up to the sun's rays I steadily sit up and remove my sock and sneaker to see the wound. It's healed.

"All because of me." Katani, my wolf says and I thank her while smiling and making my way out of the cave. Because it's day time I finally see how beautiful this place really is, nothing but an endless land covered with green grass and pretty flowers. It wouldn't be bad to live here. Moving east again, I pick up the pace to see if I can't find a place where people can help me. After walking and running for a while I stop to catch my breath , it's a good thing I'm in shape cause if I wasn't I'd be dead. Breathing in and out I hear water splashing.

"That sounds like .." , I start moving towards the sound. "A waterfall!" Screaming in excitement, I'm quick to take my clothes off and dive in, letting the cool water envelop me.

Sebastian's P.O.V

Angrily going through the files Jake barges into my office. "Knock much!" I yell at him.

"We have an intruder, on our land." He says. Without even thinking twice I get up.

"Let's go." Moving out with a couple of my men we head east , I was told the intruder is by the waterfall. I tell my men to cover the area and I decide to move ahead by myself , reaching the waterfall I scan the area. He has to be here so why can't I sense him? Then I feel it, an uncomfortable pull that causes Jax, my wolf, to howl and wag his tail saying the same word over and over again, "Mate." The moment my eyes fall on her it's as if the air gets knocked right out of my chest. Walking out of the water and wearing nothing but black lace underwear, I watch her push her wet black hair back and her body glistens in the sun. Wait, is she the intruder?. When she looks around in curiosity, I can tell she feels it to but when our eyes meet her face gets flushed with fear and then she quickly starts putting on her clothes , before running.

"Wait!" I yell as I chase after her. Me being a male gives me an advantage because male wolves run faster than she wolves but at her speed I can tell she's very well trained. Shit I'm going to lose her, she sets her eyes on the cliff ahead and runs towards it, I try to catch her before she leaps but it's too late , she's already jumped to the other side and is heading into the city. "Fuck." I growl under my breath.

Once Jake catches up to me he tries to catch his breath , "Dude, what the fuck happened? Did you catch him?" He says.

"No , I didn't catch her." I say coldly and as I'm walking away the only thing my mind is set on is finding her, I have to. I could have made that jump, but then I'd have the asshole who owns that territory up my damn ass. As we're walking back to the Pack house and passing the waterfall, I see something then head towards it. "Where are you going?" Jake asks.

"Relax, just give me a breather will you." I say kind of irritated but not at him , at myself. It's a red jacket , her jacket , she must have forgotten it when she ran. I pick it up and head back to the guys waiting on me.

"What's that ? Is it hers?" Jake asks curiously.

"Jake , can we talk about this at home. I'm just .. not in the mood." I say walking past him , he notices my irritation and decides to drop it. That was wise of him. We start running back home to cover more ground and once we get there the first thing I do is head to my office , with Jake right behind me of course.

He slams the door shut and I look at him , "Okay talk. What is going on?" He must have forgotten this place is bugged so I mind link him as a reminder and we start communicating through mind link.

"What's going on Sebastian? Talk to me."

"Remember when we got close to the waterfall I told you guys to surround the area and let me approach alone ?" I ask.

"Yeah so?"

"So when I got there I saw a girl walking out of the waterfall as if she'd been swimming in there , she was half naked but .. anyways, the minute she saw me she grabbed her stuff , got dressed and ran. I tried to catch up to her but she'd already jumped onto Lorenzo's territory so I couldn't go further."

"Ok I hear all of that but why did you take that jacket ?" He's not getting this.

"Because it's hers and I have to find her." I say getting irritated.

"Why?" He's not getting it.

"Because the minute I got close to her Jax kept howling the word 'mate'." His eyes widen, finally.

"What?!" Jake yells out loud. "Man this is huge , what's h.." I bang my hands on the table to shut him up.

"Shut up!" He hits his head as I shake mine. "Get out , I need to think." Realizing his mistake he bows his head and leaves. Sitting there all I do is keep whiffing her jacket, lavender and vanilla, why does it smell so heavenly?

"If won't end here." I say to myself because I will find her , she's mine.
________________________________
What did you guys think?

Please don't forget to vote and comment babies 🥰 ily guys.

- Klyde ❤️