9

Sebastian's P.O.V

6 months later

It's been six months since that day. I spent the first two looking for her but eventually took it as the gods telling me to keep to my 'not wanting a mate' way of thinking. I mean, can a broken man even dare to have thoughts of mates and love or compassion? Of course not, how repulsive. At first I couldn't forget her, but thankfully I never officially met her so eventually I got her out of my system. But can a person really disappear like that? Without a trace?

The war Jason and I had been preparing for, against Mason, leader of the rogues, was a good distraction. With the thought that my pack's safety comes first, I was able to to protect everyone and avoid casualties. Now that the war is over, my main focus is how to deal with Jason, permanently. While consumed by my thoughts Jake walks in, pulling me out.

"Alpha ." He says coming in. Those two months were hell for my pack, especially my Beta and Omega. With my hot temper and unwavering stubbornness, I made things difficult. Thankfully everything is fine now.

"Jake." I gesture for him to take a seat.

"Bass-" He sighs. "I'm a little worried man. You don't take care of yourself anymore, Kylie says you're skipping meals and you lock yourself up in this office."

"What we're planning needs to be perfect, I can't accept anything less."

"At what cost Sebastian? Luckily you've calmed down from since you met that girl but, the way you're doing things? You might slip back into how you were four months ago."

"Jake." I call him, my voice low. I don't want to get mad but Jax is always on edge these days. "Can you really be lecturing me?" I glare at him as he looks up at me towering over him. "Do you want to die?"

"No Alpha, please accept my apology. I didn't mean to overstep, I'm just worried about you. You've always had the habit of overworking yourself then burning out with violence in the end." I sigh. I know he means well.

"I hear you but, I'm not a child that needs you to constantly look over his shoulder. Once I remove Jason everything will probably go back to normal." I say going through the file in my hand.

"Sebastian .." I cut him off.

"I know, it's not a possibility. Did you gather the evidence I asked for? On the other matter?" I change the subject.

"Yes, we have all the information we need. All that's left to do now is attack."

"Good , gather our best men and we'll leave tomorrow at dawn. It's time to put an end to this." I say. He looks a little shocked.

"Are you sure? I mean maybe you shouldn't come with." What did he just say.

"I'm fine , stop acting like my damn mother. Just do what I ask if you."

"Yes Alpha." He says getting up and leaving.

Finally I can put an end to this. Ever since Jason left , after his visit, Jake, Asahya and I have been investigating him. We found out when he was here that he stole a blue print layout of our land and a file on all my enemies, making us assume he's planning an attack against us. We also found proof that the bugs planted in my office were purchased under his name because he left credential crumbs behind, idiot. He's formed alliances with all my enemies and they're all gathered on his land for their attack on us, planned for next Monday, but what they don't know is that we're aware of all of this.

Tomorrow is our only chance to attack while we still have the upper hand. Meaning this is also the only time I can kill Jason, should I choose, without facing the Elders.