12

Asahya's P.O.V

"Thank goodness he's going to live. Asahya I don't know how I was going to live on without him , it would have killed me I just know it." She says still crying, as I look at her my heart aches for her. Losing a mate is the hardest thing a wolf can ever face in life , it breaks you to the point of madness and pure depression. If Jake had died it would have truly killed Kylie.

I offer her my hand to help her stand and we head out of Sebastian's room as I walk us to the vending machine. She needs to drink something and I need to eat something because I am really hungry.

As I eat my sixth packet of chips and watch Kylie drinking her energy drink I can't help but be grateful. My two best friends are going to live.

Zendea's P.O.V

I've been working at Justine's for 6 months and some days now and it has been so amazing. I feel so at home here and like I belong , to a point where I can't imagine my life before this place or before Mak and Amara. They have been nothing but nice to me and I'm grateful for them everyday , Amara is more like a mom than she cares to admit especially when Mak and I go out sometimes during the weekend.

Thankfully, today is my midday shift which means I'm only waitressing today. Taking table four's order I make my way to the counter but suddenly feel a sharp pain in my stomach. Falling to my knees the pain just keeps growing, overtaking my capability to even speak. By the time Amara runs to my aid, I already feel faint.

"Zoe! Zoe what's wrong? Are you ok?" Panic evident in her voice.

"Ah!" I exclaim loudly as the pain increases , what's happening to me? This pain is excruciating. "It hurts." I say lowly to Amara.

She manages to help me to my feet and we walk to her car , sitting me at the back of the car she gets into the drivers seat and drives to the nearest hospital. As I bear the pain I start crying and start repeatedly telling myself that I'm not weak, over and over again. But before we get to the hospital my vision gets blurry and I'm consumed by complete darkness. When I open my eyes I'm blinded by a white light so I use my hand to block it but I feel something tugging on my wrist, it's a drip pipe.

"What's going on?" My voice sounds groggy.

"Hey no no , don't try to move honey." Amara holds my hand.

"Amara?" I look at her , "Where am I?" I ask her. Why am I in a white room.

"Well uhm, you were working at the restaurant when you started feeling pain in your abdomen so I took you to the hospital but on our way you fainted." She says lowly, she looks so worried and I feel guilty for making her feel this way.

"Ah, you're finally awake Miss Zoe." A man walking into the room says. When I look at him I see that he's wearing a white coat , he must be a doctor.

"Who are you?" I ask anyways.

He smiles , "I'm Dr King and I'll be the doctor who'll attend to you till you get discharged." He adjusts my bed so it helps me sit up and checks my breathing, then he checks my temperature. "Well Zoe the test results I just got back show that there's nothing wrong with you."

"So why did she feel so much pain ?" Amara chimes in.

"These things tend to happen when someone is experiencing great stress, she was probably too stressed and her mind took it out on her body." He says smiling at me. "There's no need to worry Zoe. You are in perfect health so you might get discharged today but if you wish to stay an extra day that'll be fine too. If you do choose to leave today promise to take it easy yes?" As he speaks I can't help but notice a smell to him, as if I know it well, it's drawing me to him and I don't know why.

"Zoe?" Amara says softly, squeezing my hand.

"Huh?" What did he say , I must have been overthinking things again.

"Dr King asked if you could take it easy if you get discharged today?" Amara says, looking at her face I can see how worried she is and I'll do anything to take it away.

"Yes , I will." I say to her. She breathes out like she's relieved.

"Okay, in that case I'll discharge you today , let me just ge-" All of a sudden I start feeling that pain again but this time it's as if my whole body is on fire. I try not to scream but it hurts so much that I just can't bare it!
________________________________
What did you guys think ?

Please don't forget to vote and comment, I love you guys ☺️

- Klyde ❤️