55

Sebastian's P.O.V

Watching Zendea so peacefully asleep in our bed once again seems so surreal, it's as if she never left but, the memories of heartache are still there of course. On our way home, she fell asleep in the car so I cleaned her wounds and put her to bed, this is the second time she's been shot whilst being with me.

"I love you and I'm sorry, I love you and I'm sorry, I love you and I'm sorry." I hear her faint thoughts whispering throughout my head repeatedly. Hearing her say that makes me angry for some reason, trust me I don't want to be but, I can't help but remember how if she had talked to me we wouldn't have had to go through all of this. Sighing, I exit the room and choose to head to the gym, maybe if I release this pent up frustration I'll cool off. Hours go by as I destroy yet another punching bag, these things are weak, I haven't released half the frustration I feel.

"S-Sebastian?" I hear her voice softly call out to me, turning around our eyes meet and I can immediately see them tearing up. Fuck.

"Zendea." Her name comes out colder than I intended it to and she flinches slightly. Slowly making her way to me I patiently wait, once in front of me she reaches out to me and I hold her hand, she releases a sigh and tries to envelope me into her small arms. I should be happy right now that my mate is back and alive, a part of me is, so why do I want to pull away when we touch? Pushing the feeling aside I wrap my arms around her and feel the light tingles course throughout my body. We stay like this for a while till I clear my throat.

"I have a few things I need to take care of at the pack house, why don't you take a relaxing bath and stay in bed. I'll see you later." I say kissing her cheek and walking away. I feel her eyes staring at me from behind but choose to keep walking. I need to figure my shit out. Thank goodness I'm halfway through the work on my desk, when Zendea was gone I could hardly work without throwing my table across the room, but with her back I can finally fully focus on my pack.

"Alpha." I hear Jake from outside the door and tell him to come in, coming in he takes a seat. "How is she?"

"She's okay, the bruises are still visible on her body but the wounds are all closed up. She can walk on her own too." Jake's face shows relief.

"That's good news, for a second I was worried there." He confesses.

"Yeah, so was I." I say honestly. Raising his eyebrows he looks at me.

"This is good news so why do you look so .."

"So what?" I ask a little frustrated.

"So pissed off." He spits out, breathing out heavily I run a hand through my hair. "Oh my goodness, don't tell me you're still angry at the poor girl?!" His tone picks up.

"Of course I am!" I raise my tone higher. "I don't want to be angry at her, at all but .. I can't help it. Whenever I look at her or am around her rage erupts within me from nowhere. I'm really trying here man but I'm failing." I confess.

"Man .. you've got to talk to her."

"And say what ?!"

"This! What you just told me. The main reason why you're angry is because she wasn't fully honest with you right? So you can't be the one to shut her out, be honest with her so you guys can overcome this because over my dead body will I let our pack or you lose our Luna." After my heart to heart with Jake I decide to pack up and head to the house. Half way there I can already whiff what she's made for dinner. Walking in I'm greeted by her beautiful figure facing the kitchen and her back turned to me, I slowly approach her and gently kiss her neck, she jumps a little but settles into me after recognizing my scent.