74

Sebastian's P.O.V

Heading to the hospital I can't help but feel nervous, I keep telling myself to stay positive and to think positive thoughts but it's really hard. Finally arriving, we shift back and head inside. I basically run towards her scent and arrive just as the doctors are pulling her out of the theater then after, my mother. Dr Monroe comes out and holds her breath when she sees me.

"Alpha." She greets bowing her head.

"I could kill you, I should kill you." Her eyes start to water in fear, "You're lucky your Luna asked me not to. Get out of my face." She quickly walks away just as Miley walks out, bumping into me, she offers me a warm smile but when I look in her eyes all I see is pain.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you when I got back, I wanted to but Zendea didn't give me much of a choice, everything happened so fast I couldn't catch my breath."

"I know how she can get and I'm glad that you were here to help but, I'm disappointed in you Miley." When I say this her eyes water and she looks down.

"I'm sorry." She whispers and I sigh. Hearing Dr Monroe clear her throat she wipes her tears away and turn to her.

"May I have a word with the Alpha." Miley nods.

"Please come find me later." She says leaving. Dr Monroe and I head to a more private area so we can speak freely.

"Is there anything wrong?" I ask with caution.

"The Lunas' operations both went well, as we speak now Luna Justine's body is adjusting to the lung the Luna donated, which is good but because the Luna went to surgery just after giving birth and against my warnings, her operation didn't go as well. Her body is exhausted and right now her wolf is doing all that she can to keep her alive."

"Keep her alive? Meaning what exactly?"

"Alpha, the Luna is in critical condition. The other doctors and I have done everything we can, all we can do now is wait." She gently puts her hand on my shoulder as a way of offering comfort. I can't help but think how this should be the happiest time of our lives, we just recently welcomed two beautiful and healthy boys into this world and we're also engaged yet here we are, again. I honestly don't know what to do.

"Kitten, what have you done." I whisper to myself while running my hand through my hair. The scariest part about all of this is I'm not even afraid anymore, I'm just waiting for the worst to happen, just like always. I go to her room and sit beside her, taking a hold of her hand. The last time she was in critical condition was when she got attacked by that hunter, I remember the first time I held her she felt so cold and looked so pale then, she died. I decide to give Kylie a call.

Kylie: How is she?

Sebastian: She's in critical condition so it's bad, how are my boys?

Kylie: Well, Keke, Zendea's aunt and I are doing just fine with the boys, they're crying a lot which I think is because they miss their mom but, other than that they are doing good.

Sebastian: I hope the next time I walk through that door it's with her. You know, if she would have asked me I would have told her not to do it. Does that make me a bad son?

Kylie: No! That makes you an exceptional mate, I love Luna Justine too but she has already lived her life, you and Zendea still have your whole lives ahead of you. Putting the family that you and her have made first does not make you a bad son.

Sebastian: Thanks Kylie. Please kiss my boys for me and tell them their father loves them.

Kylie: I will, bring her home.