27

Zendea's P.O.V

It's been a month since Sebastian brought me to his house and it has been a month since I went outside, I think I'm dying. Don't get me wrong I love and appreciate how nurturing and delicate Sebastian is being but jeez he's driving me crazy. He won't let me step foot outside, see people or even cook in the house, the only thing he lets me do by myself is walk down the stairs and that took him a week to agree to. Just thinking about it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. My body is fully healed and today I'm going to ask him , no no , I'm going to beg him to let me take at least a walk , as soon as he comes back from the pack house.

Although the other thing that's been bothering me is him leaving the bed early in the morning before sunrise , every time I ask him about it he just sweeps it under the rug and I can't help but get more worried. What is he hiding from me ? Hearing the front doors opening I quickly slip into the hot shower to buy myself some time. After thinking, taking a shower and doing some more thinking I step out and wrap a towel around my body leaving my hair wet, I walk into the bedroom and bump into a hard surface, wrapping his arms around me he holds me steady.

"Wou , hey now, you've gotta be more careful kitten." Feeling his chest vibrate as his compelling voice echoes through the room sends chills down my spine and he smells .. so good. I smile and shyly look down.

"Sorry Bass." I finally look up , into his gorgeous green eyes.

"Always so shy for me, why is that?" He asks as he drags his index finger from the back of my ear to the end of my jaw.

"B-Because you make me shy." I say blushing. He steps aside to let me pass and deep inside I can't help but feel disappointed, again. The past month he's been doing this, touching me but not really touching me and I can't help but wonder when this is going to end.

Getting dressed I exhale heavily and decide to just rip the bandaid off , "Uhm .. I cooked." I say enthusiastically but when I turn around I'm met with a disappointed face.  My smile falls and I watch as he uses his one hand to hold the bridge of his nose , I get closer and gently put my small hand on his large shoulder, after a while he looks down at me. "Come , let's talk." I offer a small smile and take a hold of his hand , leading him down the stairs and to the kitchen to dish up.

"This isn't good huh." He says finally.

"What isn't?" I giggle.

"You saying we should talk , I mean usually when a woman says that it screams trouble." If I didn't know any better I'd say he was worried , but of what ?

Sitting down I place my hand on his and shake my head. "It's nothing bad , I promise." I laugh weirdly.

"So, I was thinking if you'd maybe I don't know.. letmetakeawalktothepackhousetomorrow." I say the last part faster. He furrows his eyebrows and laughs.

"Use your words baby , take it nice and slow so I can hear you." He says smirking. I breathe out heavily.

"I was uhm .. wondering if you'd let me take a walk to the pack house tomorrow." I say out slowly this time and clearly but with every word I say his face just turns more into a frown. He stays quiet for a while and so do I, we sit and stair at each other till he gets up and starts to walk away.

"Bass .." I call for him and he stops but doesn't turn around. "Please." I beg.

"No." He says coldly and in that moment I feel something I haven't felt in a while , anger.

"Why?" I can't help but ask.

"Because.."

"Because what?" I say through gritted teeth.

"I said no and it's final." I can tell he's losing his temper but so am I and I am not backing down this time. He balls his fists.

"You HAVE to tell me why and "because" is not a real explanation Sebastian, I need to kno-"

"NO!!" He roars and whips around to look at me. "Because if you leave this house I won't be able to protect you and make sure that you're safe! I cannot take that chance after the last time do you hear me , so I'm sorry but you are NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE !" After basically scolding me he just turns around and leaves me standing in the hallway alone , heartbroken and defeated.

How did I not think about what seeing me in that state did to Sebastian? How was I so careless about his feelings? Even an Alpha suffers tremendously when they lose their mate and even though I'm okay, Sebastian still felt my pain. I sigh heavily, head back into the kitchen and start clearing the table. After washing the dishes I turn off all the lights and head upstairs, opening the bedroom door I enter and close it then slip into bed wrapping my arms around his large torso. He's still awake.

"Hey. I know that you're probably upset right now and I just wanted to say that, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't really put myself in your shoes or take into consideration how what happened affected you, I was just going at my speed , what I thought was ok for me , not for us and that was wrong of me. I understand what you said downstairs and I heard you loud and clear. I promise that I won't ask to leave the house till we're both ready. Anyways, goodnight baby." I kiss the end of his shoulder. He turns around and wraps his arms around me kissing my forehead and sending me off to sleep. Feeling Sebastian move around next to me I wake up and check the time, seeing it's 3 am , I turn to the door and see him heading for it , wearing gym clothes.

"Where do you go ?" I ask. "All these early mornings, where do you go Sebastian? Are you hiding something from me?" I ask sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Of course not. I can only sleep peacefully next to you for so long , well that is till thoughts of you being hurt or taken creep into my head and when that happens I go to the gym to blow off some steam." He explains.

"Till morning?" I ask baffled.

"When it comes to you nothing is more important, not even me." Why do I feel like crying?

"Am I another reason you're broken now?" I try not to cry.

"No , you are the reason why I feel a little less broken now. Go back to sleep, I'll be back before you wake up." I smile when he kisses my forehead, slowly sleeping again.
_______________________________
Please don't forget to vote and comment, love you babies ☺️.

- Klyde ❤️