18

Zendea's P.O.V

Stretching my arm out I'm greeted by an empty bedside and I furrow my eyebrows. I open my eyes only to be greeted by full length glass windows , as I get up my legs give out on me and I stumble to the ground. Standing up I slowly walk to the window and glance outside, my body feels a little tired.

"Wow , this is so beautiful." I say looking at the view , the multiple lights of houses , buildings, cars and street lights light up the sky as the sun sets. I've never seen something so breathtaking other than the sunrise from Maya and I's spot.

So much has happened since I last saw my best friend. I stood up to my terrible father for the first time , ran away from my Pack, my home, got a job and I finally found my mate. And even though I'm happy I wish she was here so I could tell her all about it.

"Hey." Sebastian says from behind me , his voice sending shivers down my spine. Suddenly I remember the deed we did and embarrassment washes over me. How do I face him?

"Hi" I manage to say.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks sounding a little distressed.

"Like a baby, I turned to you but your side was empty." I say shyly as I turn around to face him. "Why is that?" I see his body tense a little and his face hardens, is something wrong again?

"Zendea I-" He releases a deep sigh. I take a step closer to him and reach my hand out to touch him but he stops me. This makes my heart whimper. Is he still planning to shut me out?

"Why won't you let me in? Why are you pushing me away?" I ask in a sad tone.

"Because I don't want a mate , never have and I never will. Yes I can't resist you but that's only because of the bond, nothing else and-" I cut him off.

"So you don't want me ?" I dare to ask, tears prickling my eyes.

"No." When he says this a sharp pain surges through my chest , like my chest is being smashed open viciously. Taking my hand I grab the t-shirts material harshly and shut my eyes trying to stop the pain. Is this what being rejected feels like ? It hurts.

"It h-hurts." I barely say sliding down the glass window, Sebastian rushes to me and holds me but I push him away.

"NO!" I try to push him away. "Don't ever touch me again." I yell at him and for a split second I see sadness in his eyes then it disappears and his eyes turn cold again.

"Fine." He spits out fixing his sleeves then turns his back to me, walking away. How can he just leave ? How can he just walk away even when he sees me in so much pain, does he really feel nothing for me?

The pain stays the same but minutes later Keke walks in rushing to me , laying me on the floor she tells me to steady my breathing and tears start sliding down my face.

"Come on honey , breathe for me." She says soothingly as she holds me in her arms. Finally after some time my breathing steadies.

"He doesn't want me Keke." I say feeling the urge to cry. She rubs my arm up and down.

"Shh, yes he does." I get up slowly.

"No h-he doesn't, he said so himself." My voice cracks at the end. "How can he do this to me, am I not enough for him? Ah I hate him." I say.

"Oh honey , it runs deeper than you think, you just wouldn't understand." Keke says in a whisper, I give her a confused look. What does she mean?

"Deeper than I think? What do you mean Keke?" I ask.

She gets up and dusts off her dress , "It isn't my place to say, Alpha Jacobs should be the one to tell you, it is his story after all." She says finally walking out.