33| Apology

Apology

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

V's stomach grumbled painfully out of hunger as he walked to the kitchen of his house. He came home for the weekend and wasn't looking forward to listening to the rambling of his family.

It was past midnight when his hunger called. He enters the kitchen and searches for anything that could satiate his stomach. Grabbing a box of cereal and milk, he carried the bowl to his room. While on his way back, he heard a voice.

The voices got muffled immediately after by a sudden sob. Is that Jiah? He worryingly walks towards his sister's room. ''Jiah?'' He knocks on the door. ''Is everything alright? Are you crying?''

''Ah, no! Erm, I was watching some videos.'' She chuckles from the other side, voice slightly broken.

''Your voice seems different, open up.'' V orders, not taking any chance when it comes to her.

''V! Chill! I was watching a sad movie and crying along, it's embarrassing if I open and you catch me crying.'' She replies adding a slight giggle.

Convinced with the answer, V nods. ''Okay, you best be fine and if anything happens, I am here.'' V talks, earning a yes from his sister.

With that, the male carries on with his late-night snack, before randomly thinking about you. His head has been pounding lately, not because he was sick, but he terribly missed you. No matter how hard he tried to be civil with your blooming relationship with his twin, it proved to be harder for V to be okay with it when his feelings for you were involved and still raw.

He knew he needed to get over you and move on, but he simply didn't know the solution.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Next Morning

''Why are you suddenly talking about Taehyung?'' V rolled his eyes, not liking the fact that his family was mentioning his brother again, just to feed on their daily frustrations. It's like the innocent twin is nothing but a punching bag to them.

''I am just saying focus on your studies, so you don't end up like Taehyung.'' His father grumbled, earning a nod from his step-mother and uncles on the breakfast table.

''Stop talking about Tae like that! You can tell me to study hard without bringing him in.'' Irritation ran through V's veins like wildfire.

''I thought you don't like him? Aren't you always the one giving him hard time? Not to mention, that amuses me a lot.'' His uncle, who previously attacked your mother spoke.

''That's none of your business. Just keep him out of your mouth.''

''Taehyung! That's not how you talk to your uncle!'' The head of the family angrily spoke.

Slamming his palm on the table, V roared back, ''Call me V! Taehyung is my brother's name just like my mum named. Just because you changed my name from my previous name, doesn't mean jackshit to me. I will still go by the name my mum gave me. Until the day you accept it, I prefer to be called V.'' He snapped.

It was no hiding that his father's anger reached the peak. ''I request you. Do not talk about Taehyung like this.'' V rewords.

''We only agreed with your contract for not hurting Taehyung, we signed nothing for not talking about him.'' The uncle reminds him. Working as the last straw of his patience, he abruptly gets up to leave.

Due to him being the only heir of this family, V's family would do absolutely anything to keep him in the family; safe and sound. Using that as a weakness, V forwarded a contract to his family to not pass any harmful gesture to Taehyung. That was the only way he could protect Taehyung after his mother's death.