36| Goodbyes

Goodbyes

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[A few days later]

Taehyung's POV

When was the first time I realised I fell in love? When my body experienced many changes, I contacted my psychiatrist. When I explained everything, the first thing I heard from my doctor was loud laughter, that vaguely resembled the sound of window-washing or some sort. It was a very specific resemblance but I do not know why I thought of that. He told me that my body and heart were completely fine and experiencing a term called love and attachment.

Then it made sense. She is beautiful and kind. Loving and caring was her second nature. Although she was messy, feisty and angry a lot of times, that didn't matter to me. She is still perfect and beautiful. To me, she was the very first person after my mother, who tried to love me and accept me for myself.

After my mother left the world, V was the only person I had. No matter how much he pushed me away, I never once had any hatred towards him. His scoldings and anger used to make me realise he's alive and safe, unlike our mother. His random snarls used to make me sigh in relief that he was very much normal and will never experience what I do from people. His laughter used make me thankful that he has many people around him to keep him happy.

Now that I know he doesn't hate me like he previously claimed, part of me was happy but larger part of me were hurt and tired of this. The times I could've spent talking and spending time with V, was all wasted just because my brother had the obsession to make me better, if not cure me. He has a positive intention, granted; but that cost me to lose faith over myself even more.

Am I not capable to make friends without V?

I'm Kim Taehyung, but why is it that he's more deserving of the name? Just like, he's more deserving of Y/n.

The woman I love, is also loved by my brother.

V has made many sacrifices for me. He took care of me behind my back when I never could do the same. I was always at the receiving end, while V was always the giver. Just like he gave away his love to me.

It all flashed in my head. As much as my heart and body aches with unbearable pain when I think about V kissing Y/n, rational part of me knew V is more capable of making her happy than I ever will be.

She's always easygoing when she's around V. I'm not saying she isn't herself around me, but after Jiah's revelation of how our relationship was started by V, makes me wonder if all of our relationship was simply fake.

I flip the pages with an invisiable pain and anger on my face. I was at a library, peacefully reading while the chaos was going on inside my head like a thunderstorm.

When I thought I was alone, I heard Minjae's voice from my left.

''Taehyung, are you okay?'' Minjae decides to ask, after taking a seat next to me. I couldn't help but wonder what was his intention of speaking to me. It is very rare and almost impossible for someone to approach me without any reason. It's either they need something from me or V has asked them to befriend me. I would prefer the first one than the later one.

''Yes, I am. I have just got back from my appointment.''

''Well, I just wanted to say... you should talk to the rest. They have been pretty upset and I am sure you are too.'' Minjae speaks. ''I do talk to them,'' I inform.

''Not like this, allow them to explain themselves and allow yourself to forgive them.''

At that time, I notice Sooah and Jiah walk into the library. ''Momentarily forget about them.'' Minjae grabs my attention. ''You need to focus on V and Y/n more than them.''