V: Accidently, father (1)

Accidently, father
(V's short story: 01)

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Baby bear, you need to cooperate with uncle over here!" V expressed to the one-year-old baby on his arm. It was 3 am when he realised that the diapers had finished and the baby that he was meant to babysit soiled yet another of his worn diaper. Hence, here he was strolling in the convenience store in the middle of the night.

"What brand do you even use? Do you have sizes?"

The baby made another sound of displeasure. He suckles into his thumb while staring at his uncle curiously with big doe eyes.

Taehyung and you left for a staycation for one night. V realised the new parents deserved as much, after all, taking care of a baby and carrying a family on their back while worrying about the jobs and never-ending struggles of life wasn't that easy.

Getting bored, baby Chul begins squirming against his hold. "Okay! Okay! I get it! You're getting impatient!"

Chul stops and flashes a boxy, toothless smile. "Let me ask for help!" He sighs. "I swear I saw a part-timer here. Let me go and call her-"

As soon as the words rolled out of his mouth, he found a beautiful woman appear on the same aisle as him. For a second, he forgot that he was holding a baby in hand. "Woah! Oh, la la."

He didn't know if anyone could look that good in a store uniform, but the woman before him challenged that notion somehow. "Hello, m'lady."

Is it because he hasn't practised his playboy lines for awhile that suddenly the words sounded a little awkward? He closes his eyes when Chul giggles in response. Squinting his eyes at the mischievous baby, "You think I can't impress her?" He took that as a challenge.

He walked towards the girl smoothly enough but the girl was too busy putting ramen pots on the shelf to notice his effort. "Hey, babygirl. Are you looking for something?" V smirked.

The girl first glanced at him and then the baby in his arms. "I work here, sir." She cooly replied.

"Perhaps you're looking for me?"

The girl almost cringed at the cheesy line. Chul, on the other hand, encouraged his uncle by yelping adorably. "Why would I look for you, sir? Do you need any help?"

"Glad you asked." He tilts his head. "I need help with getting your number."

Chul bumped his head against V's chest in disappointment.

The mysterious woman almost made a face in disgust but stopped herself in the name of professionalism. "Mr Taehyung." The girl breathed. "Does your wife know about this?"

"Huh? M-my wife?" V's head zoomed in confusion. Then he realised he had a twin and this was his neighbourhood, so it's natural for the store-worker to know Taehyung.

A chuckle leaves V's mouth. "Oh, I am not married! I don't have a wife!"

She rolled her eyes, no longer able to keep being polite. "And you don't have any child either, I suppose?" She folds her arms.

"Of course not!"

Chul then makes yet another noise, to make his presence known. V's eyes move to Chul and then to the girl who now arched her brows in inquiry. "You were saying, Mr Taehyung?"

He laughed again, this time a nervous chuckle. "He's my twin! This baby is not mine!"

The girl scoffed, having enough. "All men are the same. Your wife is out of town and suddenly you have a twin? You have the fucking audacity to even deny your child while he's right here!" More she spoke more she inched closer daringly.