23| The Gift

The Gift

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

V was sleeping peacefully at that night. Well, he was trying to. Jimin, on the other hand, was there reading a book silently while munching Cheetos. V tried his best to keep his frustration tamed, after all, he simply wanted the wink of sleep after the long day of classes and workshops. Exam seasons were approaching and he couldn't afford to waste any time than he already was.

Calm down, V. Calm down. Jimin is your best man, it's not gonna be worth it if you push him out the window; V chants in his mind, trying best to fall asleep.

Abruptly, a loud noise of repeated knocks were heard. Throwing his composure out the window, he sat down glaring at Jimin, ready to risk it all and kill.

Innocently, Jimin gulps the crisps down. "It wasn't me!" He quickly defends.

Glaring displeasingly, V groans before getting up to open the door and kill whoever was at the opposite end.

Surprisingly for him, it was revealed to be his twin. Taehyung.

"Tae?"

"I need your help." He states. "And hello Jimin!" Taehyung doesn't forget to greet the man with balancing crisps and a book.

"Taehyung! It's 3 am!" V moans. "I swear to god, you value your timetable a lot and as far as I'm concerned, you sleep at 10."

Taehyung blinks in surprise. "How do you know?"

V takes a pause momentarily. "Er, yeah. Jimin told me!" V makes up. Both male looks towards Jimin for confirmation.

Jimin eyes them before shrugging not caring enough. Taehyung takes the opportunity to enter the room. "What's wrong?" V asks.

"I want to purchase a present for Y/n. But I do not know what to buy for her?"

V stare at his brother's face to search for any sign of saying that it was all a prank and he could resume his slumber like nothing happened. "Are you serious?"

Taehyung nods.

"Tae..." He sighs, "IF YOU CANNOT SEE ITS MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!" He yells all of a sudden, making Jimin flinch and almost fall out of his own bed.

Taehyung however, remained unphased as if nothing shakes him about V. He knew his brother was an asshole, but not capable of physically harming anyone, especially him.

"Does that mean you're refusing to help me?" Taehyung seeks confirmation.

"Listen dude, just because I wanted to help you to ask her out doesnt mean I'm gonna be ready to help you all the time. Now move, I need to sleep." At this point, V wasn't acting to be rude. He was genuinely frustrated and sleep deprived to the point that he cannot comprehend what Taehyung was uttering.

"I understand." Taehyung nods. "I will take my leave."

With that, Taehyung leaves the room, leaving a guilty V and disappointed Jimin behind. V lets out a loud groan out of frustration. Now he felt ten times more crappier after kicking Taehyung out. He turned to Jimin, who was ready to scold him for his action, but before he could do it, V spoke, "Jimin, can you please go to Taehyung and check up on him."

"Well, now you care? Asshole."

Frowning, V slams her body on the bed. "Thanks, and after coming back if you keep the lights open, Imma commit a gruesome murder tonight." He warns. "Now leave."