A Series of Fortunate Events

Molly's POV

I rested my hands behind Niall's neck, twirling a few of his golden locks between my fingers.

This was pure bliss.

Niall's arms around my waist securing his hold on me, otherwise I'd be melted on the floor.

I never imagined kissing Niall would feel this good.

I was about to separate our lips from one another unwillingly to catch my breath, but Niall beat me to it. He quickly ripped- and I mean ripped- our lips apart at that very moment; roughly.

Am I that bad of a kisser?

I was about to question his actions but then I took a good look at him. He was holding the back of his head with his left hand and back facing me, scanning his eyes around the perimeter of the balcony.

There weren't many people up here which surprised me since it was the fricken Eiffel Tower.

I brought my attention back to Niall who still looked confused- of not even more- still roaming his eyes over the small amount of couples.

"Niall?" He waited a moment before turning his head in my direction, widening his eyes when they came into contact with my own.

"Molly, I'm so sorry," He took a step forward, but then stopped.

"What's wrong, Ni?"

"Did you just feel that?" I furrowed my eyebrows together, not sure what he was talking about.

Feel what?

"No," I trailed off, waiting for him to continue.

"Water... I just got hit by water for the second time." I looked up at the sky but noticed that it wasn't raining the least bit.

"Water?"

"Yeah, a burst of water hit the back of my head," he rubbed the back of his head with his hand and then brought it out ahead of him to show me, shiny and moist.

Well that's weird...

"But it isn't raining."

"That's the part I'm confused on, but it wasn't a drizzle of water either," he paused for a moment, trying to word the sentence precisely.

"Then what was it?" I pursed my lips and took a look at the couples once again.

"It was like a squirt of water from like a- like a water gun or from a hose."

I looked at our current surroundings, but I didn't see any suspects. 

I shrugged my shoulders in defeat, giving up. No one probably meant to do that on purpose.

"Do you just want to head back?" I questioned, stepping towards him. He thought about it for a second and then nodded.

"Only if we get ice cream on the way," I giggled but then nodded, agreeing.

A French Vanilla Waffle Cone actually sounds divine.

"Only if you're paying."

"I wouldn't think otherwise, babe."

_______

"Here you guys go, have a nice night." I nodded at the young girl working at the stand.