Promises are meant to be broken

Gif of Molly to the side!

Thanks for being such amazing readers(:

____________

Molly's POV

"HE'S COMING BACK?" I screamed in pure terror.

Oh, no no no. This can't be happening to me...

He can't come back! Isn't he supposed to be on a big world tour or something? Shouldn't he be in London with his little boyband? If so, then why is his pathetic little ass coming back to Mullingar? Better yet, why is he moving back in!

He sort of went too far this time. At first, he answered my calls on a daily basis, but as time went on and on, he stopped. Next to that, he stopped replying to my texts. He would also decline my desperate attempts at Skype and FaceTime calls.

What else was there to do to get some sort of communication with him?

Social Media.

I started to DM him on Twitter in an attempt to reach him, but guess what I got in return? Well of course he didn't respond but he also had the guts to unfollow me.

He made me look like a psycho for trying to reach out to him. He was driving me crazy—what did I do? Did I do something wrong?

I needed answers, but I knew I wasn't going to get any with the way he was treating me.

So basically I gave up and started to convince myself that he doesn't care about me anymore.

Did I ever tell you about my relationship with the name that can't be spoken? Well, I know it might be hard to believe but THE Niall Horan—ope excuse me, I mean—this famous arsehead used to be my best friend. He was one of those type of people that knew and understood everything about someone (bad moods, periods, on the verge of tears for something completely stupid). Yeah, he was one of those types of friends.

It was, well in other people's opinions, absolutely impossible to separate us.

But now that I think about it, Niall was basically my only true friend. Don't get me wrong, I also have other friends that I'd hang out with, but they weren't true friends to me like Niall was.

When I hung out with Niall, it was just completely different then when I'd hang out with other people. He was the only person who knew me inside and out (and vise verse).

To put it simply—He was my person.

I know you have that burning question in the back of your mind— "Did you ever have a crush on Niall?"

Well I did. I always thought Niall was attractive. He had the bluest eyes that anyone could imagine, and his dyed blonde hair looked so good on him. He simply was perfection in my eyes.

I know there's probably another burning questions on your mind— "Wouldn't that be weird to think about your best friend?"

Well yeah it would, but he never knew. Anyways—that's not really the case anymore. He's long gone from my life now.

I mean, I like One Direction. Their music is the exact genre of music I like; Pop. Their dancing (if you can call it dancing), voices and personalities are also a plus. Don't get me wrong, I also think Niall contributes to all the above, but no one will ever know that I think that. Everyone will think that I see him as the worst singer in One Direction and is an untalented fool.

He is obviously very talented, but if saying otherwise makes Niall weak, upset, or brings down his big ass ego, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

"Think, think, think," I muttered to myself. "C'mon, revenge, Molly. Think of revenge!"

After a little while a light bulb lit up in my head and a wicked smile took over my face.

Nothing.

Now that's what I call payback. I'll give him a taste of his own medicine.

He's going to be ignored.

_______________

"Yes, Hun." My mom answered carefully, knowing my hatred towards him. "He's moving back in today and I've invited the Horan's over for dinner. I'm expecting you to be on your best behavior, darling."

As if.

I promise that I won't play down my act and start to treat Niall like before. I promise to ignore him with all my heart, soul, and dignity.

But aren't promises supposed to be broken?

Yes. Yes they are...

_________

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Let me know what you think ☺️