Braces

Molly's POV

"You've got to be joking!" Harry stood up in outrage, his accent getting a bit thicker.

"That's messed up," Louis commented and gave me a look of pity, squinting his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Molly," Liam shook his head and looked down.

"Do you want to go outside and talk about it?" I looked over at Niall to see him holding out  a hand towards me. Without thinking it over, I instantly shot my hand out and grabbed his. He gave me a quick smile before leading me towards the front door. Once we were both outside and the bus door was tightly closed, Niall wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. "I'm so sorry, Molly."

Once I got a bit more comfortable, I returned the favor and swung my arms around him, connected them behind his head, and dug my head into his shoulder. "It's not your fault."

One of his hands left my waist to brush a few stray hairs that fell into my face. I pulled my head out of his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "It's really not your fault, Ni." He shook his head and frowned.

"Molly, I made you runaway from home. You wouldn't have gotten kicked out if you never left." He ducked his head and stepped away from my body, detaching his hands from my waist and bringing them up against his chest, crisscrossing them. "I'm the one who's responsible for coming up with the idea and encouraging you heavily to do this. This is my fault."

"Niall James Horan," he lifted his head up, giving me his attention. I took a step closer to him, filling the space he created between us a moment ago. "You didn't make me run away from my own home. You didn't make me get on a plane for 4 hours to London. You didn't make me come on tour with you.  You didn't make me start to like you. You're personality and outgoing self attracted me to you, it's honestly impossible to be mad at you for more than two hours. All of those things were my decisions and I let myself do them."

"Molly-"

"Stop being so hard on yourself, Ni. You're an awesome best friend and I hate seeing you like this." I watched as his lips twitched up and his face started to blush. "I don't regret saying any of those words, by the way." Before I knew it, I was being lifted up into a giant bear hug, Niall's arms suffocating my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck again, holding on tight and giggling uncontrollably.

"Alright, best friend," he nudged my side after he let me down from his grip. "How about you come with me to get my braces off tomorrow?"

"I'd be honored to," I said as I grabbed his hand, linking our fingers together.

"Alright, let's get inside." I nodded in agreement and latched my left arm around his waist as he threw his right arm around my shoulder. As soon as he pulled the latch open for the bus door, we were bombarded with gooey objects hitting our faces. I released Niall immediately and threw my hands up to cover my face, but the intruders didn't stops spraying us. "STOP!" I heard Niall yell behind me but the enemy just laughed.

"You guys!" I yelled and lowered my hands and ducked my head, looking at a creamy and white substance covering my entire upper half. I turned around, feeling the substance start to cover my back now, and looked at Niall. "Lick my hand," I held out my right hand up to Niall's face. He gave me a weird look but then shrugged his shoulders and attached his tongue to my knuckles.

"That's delicious," he muttered and then wiped the cream off of his own face. "Is it lemon meringue?" I licked a bit of the cream off of my arm and nodded, agreeing that it was delicious.

"Okay, okay, we got you." I turned around quickly and saw Liam and Zayn laughing and clapping their hands in amusement. "Now that has to be a point for Team Ziam.