Chapter 40

A massive thank you to @rachelisgreat for making that amazing Miall edit to the side. I'm in love!

I hope you enjoy and please please vote and comment!

__________

Molly's POV

"Dad?" I whispered, loosening my grip on Niall's hand.

"Molly, darling," My dad took a step forward and held his hand out to me, but I made no move towards him, keeping my distance. I felt a tug on my hand as I watched Niall turn around with a confused look.

"Everything alrig-" Niall stopped midsentence as he looked up, meeting my dad's gaze. Niall cleared his throat quickly and straightened his posture, "Mr. Roberts, what're you doing here?"

"Niall," he nodded once before turning back to me. "I'm actually here on a buisness trip."

"He never traveled this far for work," I thought to myself as I moved a bit closer to Niall, tightening my grip on his hand.

"In L.A.? That's quite far from Ireland," Niall spoke up before returning the gesture and tightening his grip on me.

"I actually got a promotion while you guys were-" my dad paused for a moment, sighing deeply, "away."

I felt the sides of my mouth lift as I heard the wonderful news, "Good for you, dad! You've been wanting this promotion for years now."

"Your mother wasn't too happy she was being left alone for a week though," I felt a wave of tension form as my dad tried to lighten the mood.

Hypocrite.

"Speaking of your mother," my dad sighed, lifting his eyes to Niall. Niall took the hint and squeezed my hand once before leaving the two of us to talk. "I heard she paid you a little visit."

I stayed silent, but crossed my arms and bit my lip.

"We never discussed kicking you out of the house. She went to you without telling me. I would've stopped her, Molly," I looked at my dad's eyes, but couldn't detect any emotion in them.

"She said I wasn't welcomed in the house anymore, dad. There were moments where I wanted to come back, believe me, but I couldn't," I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. When Niall and I got into that fight about the picture of Liam and I, all I wanted to do was hop on a plane back to Mullingar.

I felt my dad's hand on my shoulder as he squeezed it lightly, "It was wrong of her to do that. The both of us just feel betrayed that you disobeyed our orders."

I shook my dad's hand off of me and took a step back, "Well, you told me I couldn't go out and experience something I've never gotten to experience before. You don't know how many places I've got to visit that have changed my view of the world. Milan is just, just absolutely breathtaking. New York is better than any of the descriptions everyone has told me," I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down. "And L.A., dad, you know visiting here has been a dream of mine since day one. You found love here. Why are you trying to take away these incredible opportunities from me?"

"Molly, you completely abandoned school-"

"Who cares! Yeah, school is very important and all, but I don't have the time to sit in front of a computer all day. I'm either out in the city, sitting through soundchecks and concerts, or spending time with the boys I can now call my best friends."

"This is Niall's life, not yours. You aren't earning money by doing this. Please enlighten me on what you plan on doing once this whole thing is over?" My dad's face was now turning red as he balled his fists.