I Declare War

Molly's POV

I felt someone nudge me once again so I turned my head and rolled my eyes towards them. My eyes landed on Niall as he was gesturing for me to get up and follow him. I nodded once and got up.

"May I be excused?" I asked politely and walked out of the dining room once my mother nodded. Niall was already standing by the front door with his hoodie on and my jacket in his hand.

Niall opened up the door and gestured me outside with his hand. As I stepped out into the crispy night air, I slipped my jacket on and zipped it all the way up so that my lower face was covered. Niall came by my side and the air was instantly filled with awkward and tension. Very awkward indeed.

I turned my head towards him and nudged his side. I saw a grin perk up onto his face as he nudged me back.

"Hey, Molly." He said and turned the side of his head towards me. He flashed that million dollar smile at me and I felt my cheeks heat up.

It's cold. So that's—ehm why my face feels red? Mhm yeah very cold.

"Hello, Niall." I said back, but didn't return the gaze he was shooting at me.

"How've you been, babe? I haven't seen you in forever!" He exclaimed and I felt the anger bubble up inside me like before.

Babe? Nope, not in this house.

"Well you could of called once in awhile," I shot at him. His face changed from happy to serious in a matter of seconds as he stuffed his own hands into his sweatshirt.

He mumbled something, but it was too low for me to hear.

"What's that?" I spoke confidently, indicating to the little remark he had to say.

"Nothing," he snapped back at me.

"Okay, so, do you care to explain?" I snapped back as I stopped walking, standing my ground.

"What?" he asked, utterly confused.

"Your actions, Horan."

"Don't call me that!" He exclaimed.

"I have every right to call you that, now explain and this better be one hell of an explanation."

"I don't understand what you want me to explain!" He said back and came in front of me to look into my eyes. I could see in his eyes that he knew exactly what I was talking about and what I wanted.

He looked guilty.

"Your actions! Ya know when you didn't respond to any of my texts or calls. I gave up on the cellphone communication and started to tweet you, but what did I get in response? YOU UNFOLLOWED ME." I'm now yelling in his face and jabbing my finger into his chest.

I looked up at his face and there was guilt written all over it now, but I'm not stopping. I'm fired up.

"Okay so you unfollow your best friend, Niall. The next option was Instagram. I started to message you and you didn't answer so I messaged you some more and what did I get?"

I looked up at him, but his head was down.

"What did I get in return, Niall!" I shot at him and he lifted his head up. His face was beat red and I believe his eyes started to water, but I'm not completely sure since the street lamps were the only things supporting us.

"I-I..." He stuttered and brought his head down once again. The drops of water began to slide off of his face and onto the concrete below us.

"What did you do?" I said sternly and he shot his head up.

"I unfriended you!" He yelled, but I wasn't taken back.

"Why," I pushed on.

"You won't understand!" He whispered, shaking his head again.

"If you tell me then I WILL understand. If you don't, then you're right, I will never understand."

Silence.

I quickly turned on my heal and began to walk away.

"Wait, Molly!" I heard Niall in the distance, trying to catch up to me, but I just kept on walking. "Molly!" I heard again, but much closer; just a few feet away. "Molly." I heard in my ear as his arms wrapped around my waist.

Inches now.

"What, Niall!" I spat out and turned around to face him.

"I wanted to stay in touch with you—you don't understand. I was forced to unfollow and unfriend you. They deleted your number from my phone without telling me and I didn't exactly get the chance to memorize your number. Management made me unfollow and unfriend you when they looked through our messages from awhile ago. They said you were a bad idea, and that it'd look better if I didn't have a girl so close to me," he explained, but I only believed half of it.

He took took a deep breathe and came closer. "I miss my best friend. Can't we just start over? Forget this whole thing ever happened," He continued and tried to hug me.

"No," I spoke clearly and started to walk away from him once again.

"What?" He asked in pure shock. I turned around once again and defined it for him.

"No, N-O, that spells no, Horan. As you know, I'm not easy. I don't let people push me around or take advantage of me. It doesn't just take a half-assed apology for me to forgive you. It takes a whole lot of work to get me back. You have to show me that you really want me back." I said and gently took steps closer to him with every word.

"I really do want you back!" He exclaimed and I just shook my head.

"Well, I'm not fooled. I have to think of a way to see how you can get me back but if you don't succeed, well it's quite simple, you don't get me back. BUT..." I perked up and grinned. "If you do succeed then I'm yours once again."

"Well tell me what you want me to do and I'll try my best, Molz." Niall looked hopeful and desperate.

"It's Molly for you, Horan." I sent him a death glare, but he just smirked at it.

"Can I call you, Roberts?" He knew fully well that he may not call me Roberts. I absolutely hate my last name because it's just too common like Smith or Johnson. But at least my last name isn't Horan. The first syllable spells out "whore" and well—that's just down right embarrassing.

"No," I spat.

"Then you can't call me Horan," he spoke confidently.

That little prick.

"Hey! I thought of an idea, Horan!" I screeched, trying to change the topic. He shook his head and laughed that addicting laugh of his.

During the darkest of times, his laugh still warms my heart and brightens my day.

"And what's that?" He smirked and bowed his head down to cover up the fact that he was silently laughing.

Once again—that little prick.

"I declare war," I spoke and he shifted his gaze from the ground, to me. He scrunched his eyebrows together and gave me a weird look.

"Pardon?"

"I declare a pranking war. Whoever wins, gets to pick what happens. If you win then you get me back as your best friend, but if I win then I choose whether you deserve me or not." I spoke, gleaming with joy at my brilliant idea.

Everyone knows I'm the best pranker in town. None of my projects have failed once and they have always earned a good laugh. When me and Niall were younger, I pranked him almost every day and he would get so frustrated. He tried to prank me, but failed miserably since I know where and when the prank is when I sense it.

"Alright, deal."

Game On, Horan.