New Plan

Just an FYI - I live in America so the school ages are different than they are in Europe so just work with me and go with it 😂 He's coming back for senior year in my eyes.
__________

"Molly!" I heard my mom exclaim from downstairs.

I stretched my legs out and grabbed the hoodie that was hanging on my closet handle. My legs were kind of sore from being locked up inside my room all day, thinking over and over again about the moment Niall James Horan steps that nasty foot of his inside my home.

More like thinking of the cost to disinfect the entire house.

I brushed through my long blonde hair to make up for my poor clothing choices. I don't see this homecoming as a special occasion so leggings and an oversized sweatshirt it is. Cheers!

I walked over to my drawer and pulled pushed all of the contents to reveal the only picture I have left of me and Niall together. He had his arm swung over my shoulders and our cheeks were pressed together, true smiles on our faces. What a shame that this friendship turned into. I put back the picture and closed the drawer once I was done and laid back onto my bed.

"He follows over 1,500 people on twitter and he can't even follow his best friend," I shook my head as I spoke to myself.

"Pathetic," I muttered out loud this time. I twisted my hair with my fingers and closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on my plan for Niall.

If he expects to come home and be welcomed by me—Well let's just say he's gonna be in for a surprise.

If he expects to come home after 3 years of no communication and still be my best friend—Well I hate to break it to you, Niall, but that's not going to happen.

What he did BROKE me and it felt like I lost the closest person in my life. I basically did.

If he gives me that management crap then he's getting an upset Molly in return because he had full power to say no to them. He could of told them that I was cool enough and that I don't need to be perfect to be his friend. But what was I expecting from Niall, the guy who can't say no to anyone.

I was expecting way to much.
_____________

"Molly!" My mom yelled up the stairs once again.

"WHAT," I yelled back.

"Come downstairs, please. The Horan's just arrived, sweetie."

And there is the start to the worst night of my life. Well that's what I thought...

I walked downstairs as slowly as possible, dreading the first look into Niall's beautiful blue eyes.

I mentally slapped my head at what I just thought. "You don't think they're beautiful anymore. You think they're the worst shade of blue anyone could possibly have," I repeated to myself, even though it'll never get processed through my mind.

I came to the bottom of the steps to see 4 people with their backs turned away from me. One was a woman who was shorter than the usual, one was a man that was pretty tall, another was a guy who looked in his twenties and had short brown hair, and the last one was a boy in his teens that had blond dyed hair that was actually much longer than I expected it to be.

This, my friend, is what you call the Horan Family.

"Molly," my mom started. "What are you wearing, dear?" She said through gritted teeth. She sat out a dress for me earlier, but why the hell would I wear that?

This is no celebration.

"I'm wearing the usual," I sassed back. It came out a little bit harsher than I originally meant it to be, but by the looks of everyone's faces, they noticed I had a change in attitude. Better yet, Niall noticed I had a change in attitude.

My mom gave me the "look" and ushered everyone into the kitchen as I just stood there by the stairs, pleased with my work so far. I followed them into the kitchen a minute later and took a seat next to Greg so I was on one of the ends. No way was I going to sit in between Niall and Mr. Horan.

There was no way I was going to even be in a radius of a foot with Niall. I would of forgot my whole plan of payback and tackled him senseless, telling him how much I missed him.

Just keep your distance from him, Molly. You'll be perfectly fine if you do so.

"Molly," I heard Mrs. Horan begin. "How have you been, sweetie?" She questioned.

Should I be the nice and understanding girl I am or should I be the rude brat that they saw before?

"I've been lovely, Maura. How about yourself?" I said, deciding to be respectful because I'm only trying to get Niall back. His family has done nothing wrong.

Only him.

"I've been enjoying myself ever since Niall came back from America," she exclaimed and I cringed at his name.

Niall. Yack.

I nodded my head once and then picked up my fork to pick at the food placed on my plate. I suddenly had a loss in appetite. Was it just because I heard his name again or was it because he's sitting only 2 seats away from me?

I'm pretty sure it's the second one.

I felt someone nudge my side so I turned my head to the brown haired boy who I like to call Greg. "Hey, Greg. Haven't seen ya in awhile." I said and he brought me into a side hug. I hugged back immediately and then went back to picking at my food once again. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Greg was whispering to Niall about something that I couldn't give a flying crap about.

After a few more bites of food, I felt someone nudge my side again so I looked up through my eyelashes to show them that it's getting quite annoying.

"What!" I spat at Greg and he looked shocked at first, but then shook it off and pointed to his brother. Niall gave me an excited wave and a smile that went from ear-to-ear.

Don't break, Molly. Your know better then to give up now.

I blinked once and then turned away without another thought. I picked at my mashed potatoes once again, but when I looked up I caught my mother's gaze. She gave me the "look" again which meant to get my act together and be respectful. I gave her a nod and then turned my attention back to Niall. His expression looked like he was hurting. To me, it looked like he wanted to go crawl into a corner and cry.

Payback is a bitch, but why do I feel guilty?

I got his attention by throwing a piece of corn at his cheek. I smiled a half smile to him, but I could tell that he knew it was fake. I saw his eyes start to water and now I'm full on guilty. I think I need to change my plan a bit because he's too fragile to hurt without feeling the least bit guilty.

He's my little Nialler.

I mean—cough— he was my little Nialler.

Maybe my original plan was too harsh. Maybe I knew that I could never go through with my original plan which is how the new plan came about.

New plan: He has to earn me as his best friend again. I'm not helping him on this one. He has to show me that he cares and he better give me one hell of an explanation about the connection crap. Management is not an excuse. One Direction would be nothing without Niall so they couldn't have kicked him out.

But I promise that I will not fall in love with him no matter what he does.

Here we go with the promises again...

________________________

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think.