Second Chances

Molly's POV

"Are you okay, Molz?" Niall asked as we finally exited the theater. It ended up taking about 10 minutes to get a worker to come in and catch the snake.

I kept on walking forward, ignoring Niall.

"Molly, are you okay?" I ignored him once again but this time, I sped up my pace. "Molly!" I felt a hand catch my wrist and jerk me back.

That was what set me off.

"Get off of me!" I yelled and shook his hand off of me with disgust.

"What did I do?" He looked at me with confusion filling his eyes.

"What did I do?" I mocked him and stepped forward. "You set that damn thing up is what you did. I thought what we were doing was meaningful, but it was all about the prank war. Everything seems to be about the prank war."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he scratched the back of his head and avoided my eyes.

"You put your arm around me just so you could put that damn snake on me."

"Molly, I-"

"You know what? Save it. I thought we were actually having a moment, Niall. But I guess that I was wrong." I turned forward and began to walk again.

"Molly, I didn't mean it that way. I-"

"Niall, remember that there's a difference between playing with someone's feelings and pranking. Congratulations, point for Team Nouis."

And with that, I walked out of the movie theater and pulled my phone out to call one of the boys.

If one of them isn't here in 5 minutes, I swear to God that I'm gonna punch someone.

I just can't believe that I thought Niall might have actually liked me enough to put his arm around my shoulder.

Stupid me.

_____

I saw the rental car pull up to the front of the cinema. I walked up to it and saw Harry with a cute green beanie on.

"What happened?" He asked as he put the car in drive.

"Niall's an idiot," was all I said before I put on my sunglasses.

"What'd he do this time?" Harry stopped the car for a red light and looked over at me.

"Long story short, I thought me and Niall were having a moment but it ended up being a prank." Harry gave me a confused look and pressed the gas as soon as the green light showed.

"A moment? Are you telling me that you like him?" My body froze up and my heartbeat picked up.

Should I tell Harry? Or play it off like a cold hearted bitch?

"Ehm - no. Why would you say that?" I looked to my left and watched the trees fly by, trying to avoid Harry's gaze.

"You do like him!" The car jerked to a stop, which sent me flying forward, but my seatbelt held me back.

"What the hell, Harry. Eyes on the road!"

"Look me dead straight in the eyes and tell me that you don't like Niall," Harry commanded and leaned in closer, making his green orbs wider than usual.

"I- I don't know that you're talking about. This is nonsense, Harold."

"Just wait till the boys hear about this! Oh this is good, Molly, this is good." I ignored Harry's words and looked to my left again.