Ep 23

Taehyung's POV

"Let's get back together," I said. Jennie's eyes widened as a smiled formed on her face slowly, before I could take my words back... "Oh my god, Taehyung! Yes!" she squealed and jumped in my arms. I awkwardly hugged her back, my mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. She brought her face in front of mine and said, "I am so happy," in a soft voice, "I love you so much."

I couldn't say anything... It would sound too fake if I said 'I love you' back to her. So I simply nodded stiffly and she kissed me. My eyes widened but I stayed still. She pulled back with a slight sad look but then she decided to let it go... At least that's what I think, and linked her arm with mine. "Let's go to my house, ne? We have a lot to talk about! I missed you a lot," she said, smiling. I sighed internally and nodded.

Y/N's POV

I sat on the couch with a pout, watching the film on the TV while Jackson and Sana talked. I did not wish to hear it, so I simply turned the volume high and ignored them. I was completely into the movie when I suddenly felt someone hug me from the side. I turned to see Sana hugging my arm tightly. "Sana...?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Aww, my poor Y/N-ie, it's okay," said Sana, looking up at me, "I am by your side, okay?" I nodded, feeling slightly emotional again. "Thanks," I said, shortly. "Ladies, how about we go out?" Jackson asked. Sana looked at him, raising both of her eyebrows. "Oh, come on, pretty-face! It can cheer Y/N-ie up! I can invite my friend Jinyoung too," said Jackson. "Okay, fine," said Sana, "Y/N-ie, let's get ready!"

I wanted my mind to be anywhere but on Tae, so I agreed and went upstairs with Sana, while Jackson got busy on his phone. I looked at myself in the mirror after I was ready. "You look pretty," said Jackson, coming up from behind. "Umm... thanks," I said, shrugging. "Come on, smile already," Jackson whined. I rolled my eyes at him but grinned slightly. "Better," said Jackson, smiling. "Jinyoung is here," said Sana's voice from downstairs. 

"Let's go," said Jackson. I nodded. He offered me his arm. "Trying to act like a gentleman huh?" I said, smiling playfully. "Of course, my lady," he said, winking. I chuckled and said, "Gentlemen don't wink!" "Well! This one does," said Jackson, laughing. I took his arm and we walked downstairs. "You are finally here," said Jinyoung. "Ne! This princess took too long to take this poor guy's arm," said Jackson, pouting.

I hit him slightly and he made a pained expression and said, "Ow! Real ladies don't hit others, Y/N!" "This one does," I said, echoing him and laughing immediately. He laughed too, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, gentleman and lady, where are we heading today?" Sana asked. "We can hit the club," said Jackson, shrugging. "No," said Jinyoung at once, "I do not wish to watch you getting drunk AGAIN!"

"Aish! Then you suggest something!" said Jackson. Jinyoung thought for a moment and then said, "Can't we go to some amusement park or something?" "Well..." I said. "That idea is good enough for me," said Sana. "Sure," said Jackson playfully, "Y/N-ie, I give you full permission to hug me in the haunted house!" I shook my head at this comment.

As it turned out, Jackson ended up being the one who hugged me tightly and clutched my arm when we entered the haunted house. "EOMMA!" he yelled, when something touched his head. "Aish, chill! There are no ghosts!" I said, half-laughing. "Ahhh! I WANNA GET OUT OF HERE!" Jackson yelled. Jinyoung shook his head and soon we were out of the haunted place.

Jackson looked a bit sheepish as we walked towards the Ferris wheel. Jackson and I sat together. I was looking at the view in front of me- all the city lights in the dark evening. That's when Jackson spoke up, "Y/N." I looked towards him and said, "Hm?" "You can rely on me... Even... Even if I get scared of ghosts... You can always rely on me," he said, his face slightly red as he looked away. 

I stared at him for some time. We were at the highest point. "What?" he asked me as I continued to stare at him. "Thanks," I murmured, before turning to look at the view again. "Beautiful," I sighed. Jackson nodded. It was pretty late. So, we had dinner in a restaurant and went home late. I wonder if Tae will be home when we go back. I bit my lip nervously as we headed back home.

Shit! I saw Tae at the door when we reached home. Jackson glanced at him and then at me. He held my hand comfortingly. Taehyung looked at the four of us and his gaze landed on our hands. I hid behind Jackson. I don't want to face him right now. "What happened?" Sana asked. "I umm... wanted to get my stuff," said Taehyung. I frowned.

"What do you mean?" Sana asked. "I got back together with Jennie... So... umm... I am not living here anymore," Taehyung replied. My eyes widened and filled with tears. He got back with Jennie... just like that... Jackson squeezed my hand slightly. I don't know how time passed. Taehyung was soon gone. I did not say a word to him... Neither did he say anything to me. His words kept playing in my head, 'I got back together with Jennie' over and over again.

He had loved Jennie in the beginning and he still does... Nothing changed... Jackson hugged me tightly and rubbed my back as I sobbed continuously. "Oh Y/N," said Sana in a sad voice. "He never loved me," I sobbed out, "It was just... Forced...Everything was..." "Shh!" said Jackson, "It's all right..." It's not... It was never all right... Everything... I sobbed even more when Tae's words came to my mind, "I love you." It was fake love... 

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading!