Ep 4

Y/N's POV

The other teacher, Mr. Lee came in. "I am going to give you guys a project to do today," he said. Great! Mr. Lee always gives interesting projects and also let's us partner up with someone. "But I will be the one choosing your partners for you today," he said. The whole class groaned.

"Now, silence! Let me read out the list!" Mr. Lee said. I rested my chin on the desk as he began to read out. I hope I am with Tae though...

Taehyung's POV

I wonder who I am paired with. Mr. Lee was reading out names. "Taehyung and Suho," he said. Shit... Why am I with the class president?! I bent forward to see Suho looking at me. I smiled and he smiled back. Fine... what about Y/N though?

I listened to Mr. Lee. "Y/N and Jennie," said Mr. Lee. WHAT?! JENNIE?! I looked at Jennie. She was... smirking! Did she tell Mr. Lee to pair her with Y/N?

Jennie's POV

I had met Mr. Lee in break. He had told me about this new project and I requested him to pair me up with Y/N! Now I can talk to her with this reason and tell her about her grandma asking Tae to love her!

Taehyung's POV

"No!" I said out loud. Mr. Lee and all the students stared at me. Y/N raised her eyebrows at me. "M-Mr. Lee, can I do this project with-" I began but he cut me off saying, "No! You can't do it with Jennie!" "Not Jennie, Mr. Lee... can't I do this project with Y/N? Jennie and Suho can do it together!" I said.

Mr. Lee frowned. "No, Taehyung, you have to do it with Suho. I am afraid you fool around a lot and Suho would be good for you," he said. I sighed. No! I won't give up at all! I will have Suho to come to my house and ask Y/N to call Jennie over too! I will not leave Jennie alone with her!

~After class~

Mr. Lee went out. All the students started chatting and playing around. "Y/N, shall we meet up at my place today? For Mr. Lee's project?" Jennie asked Y/N. Y/N was about to say something when I said, "You can come to our place." "Um... yeah... actually I don't have anyone to drive me to your place... Can you come over instead?" Y/N asked. Good!

So, it was decided that Jennie would come over at 5. I called Suho over too. We can do this project together and Jennie won't get any opportunity to talk to Y/N either! I will stick close to Y/N all the time! Also, Jennie needs to understand that I am serious about loving Y/N. I will show her that too! No matter if it hurts her... it's something I should do! Jennie has to move on from me.

~Time skip to the evening~

3rd person POV

Y/N and Taehyung were waiting for Suho and Jennie to come over. "Why did you call Jennie over though?" Y/N asked, "I agreed to it because you said so." Taehyung gulped and said, "I don't want you to be alone with her... She might try to make you talk to me about our break-up."

Y/N's POV

Wow... Can Jennie try it? I think it makes sense... Tae doesn't want her to talk me into it! That's why he wants to be around me all the time and keep her away from me... "Trust me... I won't force you to do anything you don't want to do," I told Tae, "Jennie and I were never great friends. So why would I even listen to her?"

Taehyung's POV

"You shouldn't," I said, "Just get this project done today!" Y/N nodded. Jennie came up and smiled at me! I looked away and ignored her. "Hey Jennie! Should we go and get the stuff for our project?" Y/N asked, glancing at me. "Yes," said Jennie in a bitter voice. I rolled my eyes. Suho came up.

We all grabbed our stuff and sat down in the living room. "Um... Y/N, can I use the bathroom?" Jennie asked suddenly. "Sure... come with me!" Y/N said, shrugging. Shit! She wants to get her alone. "Let ME go with Jennie!" I said. Y/N stared at me and then shrugged, going back to her work.

I got up. "Follow me!" I said. Jennie came after me. I pinned her to the wall once we were in the corridor. "Stop it!" I said in a frustrated tone. "Stop what, Tae?" Jennie asked. "Stop trying to tell Y/N about my promise! Just get over it, Jennie!" I said, moving away from her. "I can't," she said, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

I felt awful... "I am sorry," I said. "Fine! But I won't give up!" said Jennie, rubbing her eyes and looking at me. "It's no use!" I told her. "We'll see," she said. I rolled my eyes. We went back to the living room. I sat down beside Y/N before Jennie could. "You are back," she said, in a very flat tone. I frowned.

Y/N's POV

I should give up on Tae... He loves Jennie... That's why he wanted to go with her... I shouldn't have hoped anything. I was feeling sad deep inside but as usual, I kept my voice plain and did not show any of my emotions. I was about to continue typing on my laptop when Tae grabbed my hand. I glanced at Jennie and saw that she was staring at our hands.

"Tae," I whispered. "What?" he asked, not bothering to keep his voice down. "Oh! Are you and Y/N together now?" Suho asked, looking at us, "So that's why you wanted to do the project with her!" "Yes," said Tae shrugging. What?! From when were we together?! Then I remembered Tae's words- 'I love you' 'I will never leave you'. My heart began to beat faster.

I looked at Tae. He was looking at me too. I blushed and quickly looked away. I couldn't focus on my project now though... neither could Jennie it seemed! In the end, we decided to do it tomorrow. "I will do all the research and you can prepare it," said Jennie, "I am afraid I won't be coming tomorrow."

Taehyung's POV

I smirked. Now Jennie will give up obviously! Knowing that me and Y/N are dating, she would not want to hang around. "Okay," said Y/N. "Bye Tae," Jennie said, locking her eyes with me. I looked away again. She went away. Suho left too.

"T-Tae..." said Y/N turning to me, her face red, "W-What did you mean by u-us being together?"

~To be continued~