Ep 1

3rd person POV

"NO! Tae! You can't just leave me!" Jennie sobbed. Taehyung, who was standing in the door with his suitcase turned around to look at her. His face was grave, with a tint of sadness etched on it. "I am sorry, Jennie... but I can't break my promise," he said. "What about the promises you made to me, Tae?" Jennie sobbed, tears running down her cheeks, "You said you would never leave me... you promised me!"

Taehyung looked away. "I... please understand me, Jennie... It was grandma Lee's last wish," he said.

~Flashback~

Taehyung was sitting by an old lady's bedside, holding her hand. "Grandma! You can't die... Please stay with us! Y/N needs you! I need you too!" Taehyung sobbed. "My time has come... but promise me, Tae, promise me that you would never leave Y/N... She has no one once I die," the lady said in a weak voice, "Promise me that you will give her the... the love she... deserves." "I-" began Taehyung but then he realised that the old lady was... dead.

~End of flashback~

Tae's face saddened as he remembered it all. "But... Tae, she wasn't even your real grandma! I am your girlfriend!" Jennie said, desperately, "Plus you don't even love Y/N!" "I will," said Taehyung, "And grandma Lee was the closest person to me... just like a real granny. Farewell, Jennie..."

Jennie sobbed harder as Taehyung left the house with a suitcase. They had been dating for almost an year... and now, he had broken up with her and left her alone. He said he would love Y/N... It broke Jennie's heart to even think about it. She fell down on her knees and cried.

Tae's POV

I am sorry, Jennie-ah... Grandma Lee died... I must carry out her last wish! From when I was a kid, grandma Lee was there with me... just like a real grandma... Me and Y/N, we were best friends since childhood. We always played together and grandma Lee even called me her own grandson.

Y/N's parents had passed away in a car crash when she was just a one-year old. Her grandma was the only one she had... I swear that I will stay by Y/N's side forever, like how grandma wanted. I would love her with all my heart!

3rd person POV

Taehyung walked into Y/N's house. She was sitting there, on the floor, with a desolate expression. Taehyung's heart broke when he saw her so sad. She looked broken beyond repair. Taehyung quickly walked upto her and hugged her tightly. She said nothing. He held her close to himself.

She had been quiet ever since the funeral... She had not eaten anything... nor had she shed a tear... It was like she was dead as well. "Y/N-ah... I am right here for you," said Taehyung. He pulled back and gazed at her. "Say something," he said, softly. Y/N remained quiet. "Y/N, grandma wouldn't have wanted this," he said.

Tears started running down Y/N's face when he said this. He softly wiped them away and said, "Taetae is right here for you, Y/N." "Taehyung," she said in a cracked voice. He hugged her again. She sobbed in his arms. "She... she was the only one I had..." she sobbed. "You have me now," said Taehyung.

Y/N looked at him. "I will be living with you now, Y/N," said Taehyung. "But... what about J-Jennie?" Y/N asked. "I broke up with her," said Taehyung. "You... WHAT?!" said Y/N. Taehyung nodded. "Now get up from the floor... I will cook something nice for you," said Taehyung.

Y/N stared at him as he got up. She stayed on the floor, out of shock from what he just said. She knew very well that Taehyung and Jennie loved each other. It had broken her heart when they had gotten together... but she had never told anyone about it. She just kept loving Tae in her own way, always supporting him.

"What? You want me to pick you up?" Taehyung asked, gravely. Y/N shook her head and stood up. She followed Taehyung into the kitchen. "But... what happened between you two?" Y/N asked him.

Taehyung's POV

I... don't know how to answer this... I have sworn that I will love her for the rest of my life... but she would never accept it if I tell her how it is...

3rd person POV

"Tae?" Y/N asked. "I... I realised that I did not love her as I thought I did," he replied. Y/N frowned. "Now don't ask questions! Just go and sit in the living room! I will get you the food!" Taehyung said. Y/N obeyed and went to sit out. Taehyung sighed in relief when she was gone.

Taehyung's POV

Y/N... I do feel bad about lying like this... but it's for grandma. I will keep to my promise and make sure that you are always happy.

Y/N's POV

That was a bit wierd... Also, Taetae always said he loved Jennie... I wonder what happened...

3rd person POV

Taehyung brought the food to Y/N after a while. "I am not hungry," said Y/N. "How could you not be hungry? You haven't eaten for days!" Taehyung said, "Y/N-ah... you cannot do anything about grandma's death... Please eat something for your Taelien." Y/N's eyes widened when she heard thd word 'Taelien'.

Y/N used to call Taehyung 'Taelien' when she was a kid because he always behaved in a strange way like an alien. She had dropped the name when they had grown up though. She only used it sometimes when she remembered their happy childhood memories.

"Tae..." she muttered. "Please," he said, looking at her pleadingly. How could she deny that cute face? "Okay," she said. He smiled at her softly, his angelic smile which always made her heart beat faster than usual.

But would Tae actually keep to his promise? Will Y/N realise one day that he does not love her? If she does, would she be able to take it?

~To be continued~