Ep 2

3rd person POV

The day went by. Tae made all the meals for the two of them. After dinner, they cleaned the dishes together.

Taehyung's POV

It feels just like the old times... Y/N and I used to clean the dishes together for grandma when we were kids... I looked at Y/N. She was busy washing a plate. Her eyes had lost their shine and she still looked sad. I remember gazing at her for ages when I was a kid.

~Flashback~

I was staring at Y/N while she and I played in the garden. "Why are you staring at me, Taelien?" she asked, in her soft, cute voice. "Your eyes are so pretty," I said. Her face had gone totally red.

~End of flashback~

I smiled as I remembered the memory from our childhood. But then Y/N looked at me... She has changed so much in just a few days from the cheerful girl she was... I want to bring back the Y/N I knew.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked in a quiet voice. How do I cheer her up again? It will be hard... "I love you, Y/N," I said, out of nowhere. I don't even know where this is coming from... I mean yes, I promised to love her... but that was it... I never planned on telling her something like this!

3rd person POV

Y/N stared at Taehyung. Taehyung went red and started stuttering, "I... I mean..." but he couldn't finish his sentence. Y/N took it seriously though and asked in a desperate voice, "Do you mean it?" Y/N really needed someone who loved her since the only person who had loved her had now passed away.

Him saying this made a ray of sunshine appear in her dark world. She knew in a corner of her mind that it could not be real... They had always been friends... just friends... but she couldn't help but hope that it was true.

"Yes," said Taehyung, looking straight into her eyes. He meant to fulfill his promise. Y/N's eyes widened when he said this. Her heart was beating hard. After all, she had had a crush on him for a good 6 years! Taehyung hugged her and said, "I would never leave you, Y/N." Y/N hugged him back and whispered, "I love you too."

Taehyung's POV

They were just four words. But I had never imagined her to say them. Did she actually have feelings for me? I never thought so... I never paid enough attention to it... But I guess this isn't the right time to ask her about it...

Come to think of it... Y/N never had a boyfriend... Wow... I could not even know about my own best friend's feelings! I felt guilty about those times I spent telling Y/N about my feelings for Jennie... It must have broken her heart so many times... Yet she never told me... And she always supported me. I won't break my promise ever... not just for grandma... but also for Y/N.

3rd person POV

They pulled back from the hug after a while. "Uhm... let's go to bed, shall we?" Tae asked. Y/N's house had 3 rooms. One was hers, the second was her grandma's and the third one was a guest room. Y/N nodded. They had to go to school the next day. So, they had to sleep early.

"Good night, Y/N," Taehyung said to Y/N as he went into the guestroom which was right next to Y/N's bedroom. "Good night," said Y/N.

~Time skip to the next day~

Taehyung was waiting downstairs for Y/N. She soon came down, wearing their school uniform. "Let's go," said Taehyung. Their school was very near to the house. Tae was already ready and they both walked to the school together.

Taehyung's POV

I really don't want to face Jennie today... But crap! I have no luck. As we walked towards our classroom, we passed by Jennie and her friends. I looked away, trying to ignore her but then she said, "Tae." I still tried to ignore her and walk on. "Taetae... Jennie is calling you," said Y/N.

I looked at Y/N. Then my head turned to Jennie... Her eyes were red and puffy as though she had been crying for a long time... I felt guilty again. She came and stood in front of me. "C-can we talk?" she said. "Umm... I will be in the classroom, Tae," said Y/N, leaving. "Wait! Y/N-ah-" I began, but she was gone.

"Taehyung," said Jennie. I turned my attention to her. "Jennie... I already told you... please don't try to make me change my decision..." I said, looking away. "But Tae... Don't you love me?" Jennie asked. Yes... But no... not from now on. I must make Jennie move on from me. "No," I replied.

"Y-You are l-lying!" Jennie said, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "I am sorry, Jennie. I love Y/N," I said and walked away from Jennie towards the classroom. Sadness crept on me as I tried hard not to look back at Jennie. "Stay strong on your decision, Kim Taehyung," I kept on telling myself.

Y/N's POV

Even as I sat down on my place, I wondered if Tae and Jennie have gotten back together. I kinda know that they will... They always do even if they fight sometimes. Yesterday... Tae must have meant that he loved me as a friend. But I told him my secret which I had kept in my heart for six years...

I wonder what he thought about my confession... Taehyung came into the classroom. I was expecting him to come soon, holding Jennie's hand as he always did... but he was alone. He came and sat down beside me. "Where is Jennie?" I asked. "How would I know?" Tae asked. I frowned. "Didn't you two get back together?" I asked. Tae shook his head.

I was about to ask more when the teacher came in. I sighed and turned my attention to the teacher, but my thoughts were still on Tae. What could have happened to make Tae suddenly break up with Jennie?

~To be continued~

I hope this episode was not too boring! Thank you for reading, guys! Goodbye and good day to you all!