Ep 3

Y/N's POV

It was breaktime. "Come on! Let's go to the cafeteria," Tae said, in his usual deep voice. I nodded. We walked out of the class together. "Y/N!" called out a voice. I turned around to see Jennie.  I glanced at Tae. He was standing still, staring ahead. "Yes?" I said, as Jennie walked up to me. What does she want with me?

I mean... although Tae was going out with her, I rarely talked to her. We were just acquaintances... not friends. "Can we talk?" she asked. Her eyes looked red. I frowned.

Taehyung's POV

No way am I going to let Y/N talk with Jennie! Jennie might tell her about my promise to grandma Lee!

Y/N's POV

I opened my mouth to say 'yes' but before I could do so, Tae pulled my hand and said, "There's no need for that!" "But-" I began but he was already pulling me away from Jennie towards the cafeteria. "Tae? What was that about?" I asked. "Nothing," he said, looking straight ahead.

He is lying... There's something wrong... I know it! I can always tell when Tae is lying- an advantage of knowing him for practically my whole life! "Tae? Are you hiding something from me?" I asked, walking around and standing in front of him.

Taehyung's POV

What do I tell her? "I don't want you to talk to Jennie," I said, truthfully. She tilted her head to the side and then asked, "Why?" I sighed, "Y/N! She is my ex-girlfriend. I don't want to be around her anymore." Y/N stared at me for a moment. "Fine," she said, "If that's what you want..."

Good... At least Y/N respects my opinion. That's one thing she has always done. She always accepts whatever I tell her without questioning too much... This is actually my first time lying to her though... We had promised each other that we would never lie to each other...

But this wasn't entirely a lie! Jennie is my ex-girlfriend and I do not wish to be around her either... neither do I want Y/N to talk to her! It's just not the entire truth...

Y/N's POV

We had reached the cafeteria. Taetae was quiet throughout the way... "Um... Tae, may I ask you what happened between Jennie and you?" I asked. Tae looked at me as we munched our sandwiches on our usual place. "I told you," he said, "I realised I did not love her as I thought I did."

I frowned and asked, "But... what made you realise it so suddenly?" "Gut feeling," Tae replied with a shrug. Taelien! That's so like him! Gut feeling huh? "Do you realise that Jennie is hurt by your sudden 'gut feeling'?" I asked. "Why do you care?" Tae asked out of nowhere.

Taehyung's POV

Y/N, are you so eager to set me up with Jennie? I wouldn't have minded earlier but now, I am not gonna be with any other girl but you. "I was just..." began Y/N. "I thought you said you love me," I said, "Do you want me and Jennie to get back together? It's not gonna happen."

Y/N blushed when I mentioned her confessing her love. It looks kinda cute when she blushes. I smiled and pinched her cheeks lightly while saying, "Aww, you are so cute when you blush." I always did this when we were small... until I got together with Jennie...

Y/N's POV

"Yah! Tae! Leave my cheeks!" I said in embarrassment. He chuckled and sat back again. My heartrate was fast from his touch. It has been a long time since he had last pinched my cheeks like this. I looked up to see him staring at me. "Stop staring!" I said. "Okay! Okay!" said Tae, grinning widely.

Jennie's POV

I was watching Tae from afar. "Unnie... Stop it already... he has already dumped you," said Lisa. I looked at her. "He does not love Y/N," I said. Lisa sighed, "Even so... he has already broken up with you... He also looks very happy too." That's... true. Even as I looked at Tae again, he was pinching Y/N's cheeks and was smiling widely...

I felt my heart burn as I saw this. "Jennie..." said Jisoo, "Just give up..." "No!" I said, "Once Y/N knows that Tae is only forced to be with her... she will definitely make him come back to me! I am sure of it!" Jisoo, Rose and Lisa stared at me. "What?" I asked. "Nothing," they all sighed together.

Yes! I have to get Y/N to talk to me alone somehow! I know she would be able to help me.

Y/N's POV

The bell rung. "Let's go," said Tae. We went back to our classroom. He sat beside me again. Surprisingly, Jennie sat on my other side. I looked at her. She smiled a bit. I smiled back awkwardly and turned back to Tae. He was looking in front.

In the middle of the lecture, I heard a small 'psst' from my left, where Jennie was. I looked at her. She pressed a little note on my desk, without looking at me. I frowned, but before I could open it, Tae grabbed it. "Tae!" I whispered. He pressed his finger on his lips and signalled at the teacher. I sighed.

Taehyung's POV

I quickly opened the note when Y/N was focused on the teacher. "Meet me on the rooftop after school," the note said. I felt a surge of anger as I crumpled up the note and glared at Jennie. But she was looking away. After the lecture, I got up from my place as soon as the teacher was out of the class.

"What happened?" Y/N asked. I quietly pulled at her arm and made her sit on my place and I sat down on hers. "Tae?" she asked. "Nothing," I said. She shrugged and let it go, muttering, "Taelien!" under her breath, which made me smile.

Jennie was staring at me but I ignored her completely. I would not let her meet Y/N anywhere alone though! It would break Y/N's heart if she knows the truth... Mark my words, Jennie Kim, you cannot hurt Y/N ever!

~To be continued~

So guys, that was for today! Let's see if Taehyung can stop Jennie from talking to Y/N!