The Storms Ahead

Yang lay on the floor of her room, rising with each sit-up. She had long lost count of her repetitions, her mind elsewhere. Her thoughts wandered to her boyfriend. He had certainly been in better spirits lately, at least as far as someone who spent their time brooding in caves could get.

A thought came to the blonde. The bat and brawler pair would have been dating for a month soon. Yang tried to search for a possible way to celebrate. Another date came to mind, but she was still uneasy with how their first had gone.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Y/N and Yang were strolling down the street, a comfortable air about them. They each held on their respective coffees, sipping from time to time. For the most part Yang was able to keep her composure. Y/N, though still new to this level of interaction, didn't flounder as bad as one would expect, his mother's favorite movies his guide. One thing troubled the girl however.

The stares.

Y/N had a way of drawing her attention from things, as he always did, but this was proving excessive. The eyes on her were uncomfortable, and the whispers were disheartening. But they weren't about her.

"Wasn't he with that Schnee girl?"

"That's what you get with these rich types, think they can jump from girl to girl."

Yang felt a flurry of emotions. There was the underlying rage. How could they make such judgements of him when they didn't even know him? They didn't know the sacrificing, selfless person she did.

But there was also the guilt. Y/N could have been with Weiss. Perhaps he should have been. The heiress had told her to date him, but did that mean she was indifferent to it?

A larger, rougher hand takes a soft hold of her fist. Yang drew her attention to the male at her side. Y/N didn't smile, but his eyes emoted enough. Yang felt her nerves ease at his gaze.

Y/N did something she hadn't expected of him. He intertwined their fingers and slung his arm over her shoulder. While he typically wouldn't do such a thing, there were appearances to uphold.

The brawler smiled to herself. This was what and who she needed.

"But does he need me?"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yang scoffed on her rise back up. Her relationship with Y/N had given him a bad reputation, something she'd never willingly do. Did he mind? She doubted he would have let things continue if he did. But the conception of Y/N being a womanizer was still out there.

"Yang."

The blonde stopped, sitting up. Y/N stood in the doorway, arms crossed.

"Alfred made lunch. I assume you're hungry?"

Yang let out a relieved sigh. "Yeah, guess you could say that."

She walked up to him, not going past him however. Y/N looked to her in mild confusion before she latched on to him in a hug. The young man stood stiffly for a moment before returning the gesture.

Yang allows herself a small smile. Physical affection, or any affection at all, was still something he was getting used to. It didn't matter though. She'd help him through it, for better or worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N walked up to Ozpin's office. The students of Beacon gave him looks of interest, glares mixed in among the crowd. News of his relationship with Yang had undoubtedly got around.