Opened Scars

Y/N looks down towards the firearm in his hand. His eyes draw themselves back up to the computer. The serial number had traced back to a distributor. Robertson Requisitions and Arms.

His hands rubbed across his features. Y/N had checked for any glock 18s sold ten years ago. While none had been purchased, there were some that had been stolen.

A pack of thieves had broken into the shop and stolen a supply of weapons. When inventory was taken the next morning to see what exactly was missing, the serial number of the handgun was on that list. The case had been dropped on the basis of insufficient evidence. It need only wait for the right detective.

Enhancements of security footage had begun to slim the search. The first image wasn't a match. Jackson Richards had been shot and killed two weeks before the Waynes were murdered. The other appeared. Another false alarm. Malcolm Jacobs had overdosed a few days after the robbery. The third appeared.

Y/N's blood had run cold and immediately began to boil.

Joseph Chill. At one point he and Jacobs were roommates. It was possible due to Jacobs's cause of death they were both addicts.

Y/N's eyes bore holes into the image. Snapping from his trance, he began feverishly typing. He now had a last known address.

Y/N looked to the handgun as it lay on the table. His gaze held on it for a moment. His looked up to the lit display case, the suit of the Batman standing proudly. His eyes lingered on it, on the small stitching on the forehead. He looks back to the cold weapon. Y/N's fist clenches on the table. He takes the gun from the counter and conceals it in his jacket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yang layed splayed across her bed. She caught herself lost in the wandering expanse of her mind. Her thoughts felt like tugging strings, pulling at the memories of days past.

She had broken into the manor while drunk, no matter how much she thought on it it still made her cringe. She even went so far as to roughly steal a kiss from Y/N. That was something she was still somewhat conflicted about.

Besides passing remarks he hadn't even payed the event any mind. She wondered if it meant anything to him. If he cared at all. Then there was the possibility of the opposite. What if he cared more than she knew? What if he hated her for it?

"Yang?"

The brawler looks to the other blonde. "You ok?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm good.

Yang scolded herself once more. She had to remember Y/N was Weiss's, not hers.

Blake bursts through the dorm room door, a spark of determination in her amber eyes.

"Guys, I need your help."

Her teammates looked to her with mild confusion. With as quiet as the faunus usually was, it was odd for her to make such declarations.

"What is it?" Ruby asks in her usual chipper tone.

"It....it's about the White Fang."

The girls all gave her their undivided attention.

"They killed Tukson. And....I'm tired of running away. I want to hunt them now, but I need your help to do it."