Counterweight

Weiss was thrown back to the floor. She did her best to lift herself, her arms trembling under her. Her team lay around her in various states of disarray.

"You're too stiff, Weiss," Y/N chastised, "this isn't some turn based game. No one's going to give you a golden opportunity. You have to adapt."

As great as his voice was, she really did hope he'd stop talking.

"How's this for adapting?!" Yang rushed forward with a series of jabs.

Y/N dodged them all with a straight face. He bat the last strike away and chopped her in the neck.

Yang's eyes bulged as her body went stiff and her legs were swept from under her.

"You're too loose. You're fighting like a toddler throwing a tantrum, Yang." He says walking away from her.

"Hey!" She calls from the ground.

"You're right." Y/N turns back to her. "You can at least aim in my direction."

The blonde growls as she rolled onto her side.

Y/N suddenly ducks, Blake flying over him. He spun a roundhouse square into her back, sending her tumbling towards her partner.

The faunus groans. "How...?"

"Your duplicate on the ground was too rigid."

Blake watches him with eyes of awe, astonished he had found such a minute detail with no indication of having stopped to do so.

"You can't always rely on surprise. Sometimes you have to make the best of a head on collision."

Blake merely nodded, accepting the criticism as it came.

Ruby struggled to a standing position, her hands on her weak knees. "Y/N, don't you think this is a little....harsh?"

"You said you meant to intercept a terrorist organization. They certainly won't be polite. Again. "

"Yeah but-"

"The rally is in two days, Ruby. You've wasted six hours. Now, again."

The quartet shakily stood to their feet. They passed glances among themselves. Numerous individual assaults had proved fruitless. This was Batman after all. He could effortlessly put down Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake.

He hadn't fought team RWBY though.

If he was giving them criticism, they'd use it. In fact, they'd take it in spades. It was time to practice some team tactics.

Weiss lunged forward, rapier at the ready. Y/N dodged it swiftly, shooting a palm strike to her head. When the heiress fell, Yang quickly took her place.

Y/N went to adjust his footing, only to find his feet couldn't move. When her fist drew near, he pulled Yang in close to him.

Taking her hand in his, he fired a gauntlet round at a kneeling Weiss, blowing the girl back.

Now with his legs free, he slams Yang back with a suplex.

Rolling back, Y/N ducks a kick before he can fully stand. A black blade follows suit. Blake attempts another kick, but Y/N catches it and reels her in for a headbutt.

Yang springs up to wrap him in a full nelson. Ruby dashes forward with an outstretched hand.

Y/N threw Yang over his shoulder and into her sister.

Blake leapt at him from above. He backhanded her midair with a fist, the clone dissipating. In its place was a glyph that latched to around his wrist.