#7: Ripples

"We don't need it."

"You most certainly do! What if something had happened?" A man's voice replied.

Y/N let out a deep sigh. He stood within the board room at the head of the table.

It had been a week since the crashing of the Wayne gala. Most couldn't agree amongst each other what exactly had done the crashing. Some believed it to be a man sized bat, seeking retribution. Others believed it a masked vigilante seeking to issue their own twisted justice.

If there was one thing the media could agree upon, it was the name they had chosen.

Batman.

In the week since the 'Batman' incident, the members of the board were adamant that Y/N increase security. After all, a deranged vigilante was able to break into his home with no repercussions.

"You can't play with your life, Mr. Wayne! You could have been hurt, maybe even killed!"

"I appreciate your concern Mrs. Walters, but I assure you I can handle myself." He says on his way to the door.

"And where are you going?" Mr. Matthews asked.

"Lucius." Y/N said over his shoulder. "I am supposed to be a shadow after all."

Making his way down to the technologies division, specifically to the research and development department, Y/N saught out the most likely area for Lucius to be.

As Y/N walked into the white testing room, he saw Lucius standing by a table. A black box sat closed behind him.

"So, how was your little hunting trip?" Lucius asked with an amused glimmer to his eye.

"Hunting?" Y/N repeated in confusion.

"Well, I just felt I had to ask. I've never heard of bats hunting penguins before."

Y/N quirked a brow. "Excuse m-"

"Please Mr. Wayne. You come back after a long hiatus, and not too long after so does this 'Batman'. Not only were you taking a peculiar interest in hardware, but Batman manages to get into your home the night of your gala while Oswald Cobblepot just happens to be in attendance."

"I-"

"Mr. Wayne. I might not be the world's greatest detective, but I'm far from stupid. My PhD says otherwise."

Y/N bit his tongue. How had he been so careless as to let himself be found out, and so easily at that? Why couldn't he have just been patient?

"So what's your take away?" Y/N said with his arms crossed.

"Well," Lucius turns to open the crate, "I'd say given your limited arsenal, you could use some assistance." He pulls something from the box and throws it in the young man's direction.

Deftly catching the object between his thumb and index finger, the young billionaire inspects it. It appeared to be a piece of metal carved into the shape of the insignia he wore on his chest.

"It's a bat shaped boomerang, meant to be a throwing projectile. "

"A batarang?" Y/N asks amused.

"Your words, not mine." Fox says with a smile.

"Alright," Y/N looks from the newly minted 'batarang' up to the elder man, "What else do you have in mind?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weiss scrutinized her outfit in the mirror. She lightly tugged the lapel of her coat, then made a move to smooth out her skirt. She pondered if she had chosen to wear too much white. Perhaps she could integrate some light amounts of black. Y/N did seem to have a penchant for the color.