The Heart of The Matter

Y/N walks down the stairs. His eyes scan the living room. The pair of sisters were on the couch, Ruby with a bag of ice to her cheek and Yang with one to her ankle and a towel wrapped around her hand. Weiss was leaning back in a chair, a pillow clung tight to her chest.

Blake was by far the least affected, only rubbing the side of her arm as she read her book.

Y/N went about his usual routine and prepared a cup of coffee.

Ruby  reaches lazily for the remote, flicking through the channels.

"Make smoothies safe with the new-"

"We're blasting off agai-"

"A man by the name of Joseph Chill turned himself in to police last night, claiming to be responsible for the Wayne murders ten years ago."

The girls perk up with wide eyes.

"Chill is currently being held in police custody, no further details have been disclosed."

Four pairs of eyes slowly turn to the lone male in the room. Y/N's blank eyes bore holes into the television screen. He took a slow sip from his coffee, his eyes never leaving the screen.

The moment he grabbed a set of keys, the girls were quick to follow him out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Commander. A word, sir?"

"Speak freely, Banesaw."

The shark and bull pair trekked through the White Fang camp. Soldiers around them went about readying supplies. The bull was outside of his standard attire. His usual loose and ceremonial garb was replaced by a tactical jacket, the sleeves rolled halfway up his forearms, and boots. The jacket was a flat black with red tubing while the pants were a black camouflage with flecks of red.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was the point of hiring the assassin? What purpose does our alliance with the humans serve now?"

"They can still assist in furthering our goals. If this 'Deathstroke' succeeds or fails, they will still have their benefit."

"I see."

The duo stop near the ground transports.

"Where might you be going sir?"

"I'll be handling an errand today. Ensure everything goes as planned."

"Yes sir."

With that, Adam got into the back of the armored vehicle and sped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N stop!"

The girls of RWBY followed Y/N down the hall as best they could. Ruby had run up behind him and jumped on his back, but she was flipped over and spun back on her feet before she could even say his name.

Weiss stood in his path. She had created a large glyph behind herself, blocking off the hall.

"Y/N, stop and listen. I'm not going to stand by and let yo-"

Y/N deftly struck a pressure point in her neck. The heiress's muscles went stiff before she fell unconscious. Y/N caught her before before she could reach the floor, the glyph slowly dissipating.