Balancing Act

Y/N reclines into the chair before his computer. Alfred had done well patching his shoulder. He dreaded the morning when the girls would wake up. Weiss would lose her mind, and Yang would beat him herself. Y/N sighs at the thought. He wouldn't to be in that situation no matter how prepared he was.

He connected his removed cowl to his computer and began typing on the keyboard. A map of the city spread on the screen, a small red dot blinking. It remained stationary, hovering in Gotham's meat packing district.

Painfully aware of his injury, another question posed itself in Y/N's mind. He wondered what had attacked him in the sewers. Judging by its coloring and bite, it had to be a faunus of some sort. From its swimming ability and teeth alone, it was likely a crocodile or alligator.

That was a matter for another day however. Y/N perused the assassin files. Deathstroke would need to be handled first. He posed too great a risk to Weiss. Y/N read and reread the text over and over. The information was like all stories however, reading it again never changed the ending.

Subject possesses enhanced sensory ability as well as amplified attributes. Subject possesses enhanced strength, speed, cognitive ability, and regenerative capabilities. Highly proficient in marksmanship and hand-to-hand combat.

"Sensory....sense..."

Y/N stood from his chair. His ears had to be highly sensitive. The only problem was finding a way to exploit them.

"Humans can hear up to twenty thousand hertz..."

Y/N's eyes draw up to the ceiling, the low squeaks of the bats drawing his attention.

"Bats up to a hundred and ten thousand... Somewhere in the middle...maybe sixty or so?"

He begins to search the cave, scrounging whatever he can find. Martha had shared a sentiment with her son when he was a boy.

"Work smarter, not harder."

And so he did. After two hours of construction, trial, and error, he had done it. Pressing a small button on the side, the bats began to stir. Turning the dial, the creatures fluttered to life. The winged animals flocked to Y/N, swirling around him in a tornado of leather wings.

He had done it. Now he could make the first move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam walked into the warehouse. White Fang soldiers stood guard, prepared for any altercation. Cinder stood over a metal table, schematics spread out across it. She wore an expression of annoyance as the bull horned leader approached.

"What do you want, Adam?" She says spitefully.

"To express some concerns." Adam replies calmly. "It seems you're becoming less of an asset and more of a liability."

"A liability? After all I've done for you?" Cinder says with a teasing tone.

"You're little thug has gone AWOL. It's beginning to seem there's nothing else you can do for me." Adam said with growing disinterest.

He was willing to allow for her continued presence based on what she could supply. Now with the likelihood she could no longer supply, her and her associates were mere dead weight.

"Look at what you have. I've given you more than enough dust to feed your munitions, weapons and vehicles that are state-of-the-art, straight from Atlas. It's enough to hold you over for quite a while."

Adam remained unamused. "As appreciated as your contributions may be, they do not excuse shortcomings."

"Adam," Cinder says tiredly, "remember what this is for. Remember why. We both want to crush those that dangle power over our heads, like Atlas. Those that watch us suffer and turn a blind eye, like Y/N Wayne."