Tremors

Y/N stood in the cold halls of Elliott Memorial Hospital, his gaze transfixed on the window before him. Behind it lay Alfred, multiple machines strapped to his person. The EKG by the side of his bed softly beeping.

The frantic clicking of heels could be heard down the hall, imminently approaching. Weiss came to a hault beside Y/N, her eyes feverishly checking him for any injuries.

"I came as soon as I heard! Are you ok?!" Her cerulean eyes looked up to him in concern.

Her question went unanswered.

"Shattered tibia. Cracked femur. Dislocated radius. Split humerus."

His hollow words hung in the air.

"T-They say it was an accident. Apparently they were chasing a similar vehicle, and yours just happened to be there..." Weiss's voice drifted off.

"They say." He repeats with a spiteful tone.

"Y/N..."

"They just happened to be chasing another hundred lien car on a clear road at cruising speed? No. I know who did this."

Her eyes dart across his features with anxiety. "What do you mean?"

"I know exactly who's behind this. And he knows I know." The billionaire says turning on his heels, making his way down the dim hall.

Weiss's eyes held onto the male's retreating form.

"Y/N...." She softly called out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rubes, you ok?"

The scarlet clad sibling remains silent, Cresent Rose clutched in her hands. She stared at the crimson metal, unfurling the weapon into its scythe form.

She stared at the clean metallic blade, though it would never be clean to her. In her eyes, it was still stained with the blood of the person she had come so close to killing.

The thought hung in her head for the longest now. She had almost beheaded someone in the street, and if it wasn't for their own reflexes, she surely would have.

She closed her eyes, internalizing her thoughts.

"He could have hurt you."

Yang's words hung in the air for a moment. Neither of the sisters spoke for a brief period.

"But he didn't." Came Ruby's rebuttal.

Yang raised her eyes to her sibling.

"You heard what he was gonna do to Roman! What's to stop him from doing that to you?!"

"He saved me! I almost cut his head off, and even still, he saved me! He could have just let me fall!"

"If the rest of us weren't there to scare him off, he just might have!" Yang replied.

"I know he wouldn't!"

"How? How can you be so sure of that?!"

"He showed up at the party remember?" Ruby pointed out.

The two took a moment to breathe, calming themselves.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"The cops shot at him, and he didn't hurt them. If he wanted to hurt them, don't you think he would have?"

Yang sighed to herself, rubbing the bridge of her nose. She turned for the door.

"Where are you going?" Ruby said calmly.