Dealers And Cards

Yang's eyes reluctantly open. Her vision was blurry, though she could discern a few factors of her environment. The room was a myriad of deep browns and maroons. What she was laying on felt soft. Softer than anything she'd ever felt before. Feeling around herself some more, Yang recognized she was in a bed.

Yang immediately sat up now. Doing so was a mistake however, as her head began to throb in retaliation. The sun shined brightly through the curtains. She found her jacket and waistcoat had been removed and neatly placed next to her. The more she began to look around, the more Yang recognized the room.

The reality began to seep in. This was a room she'd been in before. This was Y/N's room. Yang massages her temples. She tried desperately to piece together the nights events.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Yang sat at the bar, her eyes blankly staring at the liquid in her glass. Her other hand gently traced imaginary circles in the wood of the bar top. The music of the club had calmed, as calm as club music could be anyway, considering the hour.

Try as she might, she couldn't get Y/N to stop, never mind slow down. It wasn't like she could ever hope to, not after what she had tried to do. She took another swig from her glass.

Compensatin' for your feelings
And you know the feelin'
This is what you thought would heal it
But it makes you feel it

Yang clenches her hand around her glass. All she wanted to do was reach out to him. To apologize and let him know she was in his corner. To show she had changed and that she cared.

"Blondie."

Yang somberly looks up to the voice. Junior looks to her with a quizzical look.

"You good?"

Whenever he asked a question like that, she could never tell if it was of concern for her or his club.

"How.....how do I tell him....?" Yang mutters looking down to her golden brown beverage.

"Boy trouble?"

Yang looks up with a weak glare.

"Ok, ok. What's the problem?" Junior asks leaning against the bar on his forearms.

"I....I tried to hurt him and......and I want to let him know I've changed, but...he wouldn't listen to me..."

"Bullied the kid, now she wants to get in his pants? Kids really are weird these days...."

Junior lets out a sigh. "What's the best way for you to learn?"

"W-.......What?"

"Some people learn through being told. Some people have to see things to understand them. Some people have to do it themselves. Others have to learn the hard way."

"Can we just skip the riddles and finish this little game?" Yang glares with crimson eyes.

Junior groans. "Actions speak louder than words, Blondie. Maybe you just need to show the guy you like him, alright?"

"Sho-!........show him....." The blonde trails off. Her eyes faded back to a placid purple.

"Look, it'd be better for both of you if ya just quit beating around the bush."

"Show him..." Yang mutters in her own world.

"Yeah, ok, I'm closing up shop." Junior says walking to the back of the bar.